Begin' Acro Glider

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #15159 by
Replied by on topic Begin' Acro Glider
We'll it's done, Mike took the honours of the first flight, and I had a couple of flights after that. On my first flight I decided to test Mikes nerve, it's been a while since he's had to shouted at me, 'Power and Pull up!' It had nothing to do with the fact that I lost orientation :blush: still, there was about 5m to spare, so not that close to the ground :whistle:

Gliders are a different kind of flying, and I think this is going to teach me a lot both at Cashmoor and on the slopes.

There is some fun transmitter programming to be done now to set up the spoilerons and reflex, Chris73 seems particularly keen to know all the details on how I will do this on OpenTX :evil: I could probably get really boring if I put my mind to it ;)

I'm glad this build is over, I've been keen to build something different for a while now... and there are three projects already lining up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15160 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Well done Chris that's only taken a year ;) I'm glad the maiden went well. Start off following the birds and when the birds start following you you've made it, unless they're hawks in which case you're toast.

Anyway,whatever, what's next; a scale warbird perhaps, an EDF or maybe a turbine?

More
6 years 3 months ago #15657 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Unlike Chris, I found this model fitted together very easily. Most of the laser cutting was of good quality and it went together quickly. If work and illness had not got in the way I would have got it ready in about 2-weeks, but it has taken a little over a month. Just some covers for the wing servos and setup the radio to go. I'm hoping to be fit and have cooperative weather next weekend
Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #15658 by
Replied by on topic Begin' Acro Glider
lookin' good Mike :)

I'm beginning to think maybe I'm not a builder, the kits were identical, why did I have so much trouble?

More
6 years 3 months ago #15659 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Begin' Acro Glider

Chris001 wrote: lookin' good Mike :)

I'm beginning to think maybe I'm not a builder, the kits were identical, why did I have so much trouble?

Perhaps Mike's acceptable limits of tolerance are lower than your 2 microns Chris :)

More
6 years 3 months ago #15660 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Begin' Acro Glider
When you eventually build a Hoellein kit your faith will be restored, Chris. Also, when you get started on the Phase 5 everything will fit because you will have cut all the parts.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds