F9f grumman panther

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #5710 by
Replied by on topic F9f grumman panther
David
What do you pour over your plans/ Is it something to stop glue destroying it?
One pedant to another.

Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5712 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic F9f grumman panther
Thanks Stuart, I asked for that didn't I?

As I wrote it I had doubts about the spelling - should it be pour, pore, paw or poor? But I was too lazy to check it.

Anne informs me that it should have been pore and, sure enough she is right;
deifnition of pore
verb [ intrans. ] ( pore over/through)
be absorbed in the reading or study of :

Obviously Stuart is just the man to replace me as chief pedant and will, from this day forward be appointed to sub-edit all the stuff we collectively write on this forum, a badly needed service as the spelling, grammar and syntax checker of this application is woefully inadequate.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5714 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic F9f grumman panther
Looking really good Pete, I can see you getting the Panther in the air before the Vampire gets it's first flight.

But I do think you should take a little time off from working on it and mow that grass!

More
8 years 8 months ago #5716 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic F9f grumman panther
Looks really good Pete, can't believe it has taken you less time to build that, than it's taken me to collect a ready built model from you :lol:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #5725 by
Replied by on topic F9f grumman panther
Once again I'm speechless. A fine job, speed building at its best. I have an artf viper jet that I hoped to get flying for jet day 2 years ago but didn't quite make it. Then I thought no worries, ill definitely have it ready for last year but I didn't quite make it. No worries I thought it will be ready for this year without question. You can guess the rest.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5730 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic F9f grumman panther
Ok, I've done my detective work and reckon that's a PST J800R turbine you have got there. Loads of power in a fairly small can - should be just the job.
If all is well then you will find turbines a lot less hassle than petrol engines. Easy to start, no vibrations, cheap fuel (albeit mine guzzles it), no nasty sharp propellers to backfire and take your fingers off, really quiet in the air, low maintenance, don't puff up or short-circuit, and a wonderful scale sound-track :)
If you can get kero-start option then I would go for it purely for simplicity and ease of starting.
Welcome to jet-world.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds