Starting problems....

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4014 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Starting problems....
When you reassembled the regulator cover - Did you ensure the groove on the silver spigot was slid into the fork on the valve operating arm.? if it was not, that would depress the regulator more (simulating very high atmospheric pressure and significantly increase fuel flow pressure ) Come to think of it, it may have assembled like that in the factory and that may be the cause of fuel apparently syphoning.

The nipple on the back of the regulator plate would be used to pipe into the fuselage to provide a more balanced atmospheric pressure on the regulator.

suggest you download this manual
www.walbro.com/media/21936/SERVICEMANUAL.pdf
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by kevinross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #4017 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Starting problems....

kevinross wrote: When you reassembled the regulator cover - Did you ensure the groove on the silver spigot was slid into the fork on the valve operating arm.?

I did look at this carefully when reassembling but no, the parts you state don't locate together. I did think that Logically they should as they looked like they belong together..... Maybe it's bent? I shall have another look in morning as I'm now home and the model as you know is not. It does however seem solvable either by careful realignment of the bits in the new carb or putting the old one on so this encourages me to bring it all tomorrow and, assuming I can get it to run, I can at least get some breaking in flights done.

Thanks for the link to the carb pdf....

Thanks for your suggestions chaps.

Dave

More
9 years 1 month ago #4021 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Starting problems....
If the little spiggot on the diaphram isn't located in the fork on the rocker, no wonder it isn't running, that opens and closes the needle. Hopefully we can sort it tomorrow.

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4046 by DaveBright
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions on here, help at the field yesterday including Frank. The issue was as thought, the diaphragm spigot was not engaging the 'fork' - manufacturing fault.

Swapped the carb over with my old one from the 111 and she burst into life.

Cheers all
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by DaveBright.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4063 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Starting problems....
Glad you got it sorted Dave. :) Carb must have been a Friday afternoon job.

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #4127 by DaveBright
After running the engine some more last week at Cashmoor I've got quite a lot of black goo leakage from the Teflon joiners and one can rotated again!
So I've done the following:
Taken both cans/headers out and cleaned up.
Reorientated cans and servo screwed through joiners into header and can
Replaced spring clips with jubliee clips
Replaced stock dle plugs for ngk's.

With the headers off, I stuck my finger down the port and the pistons are already coking up.

I gather this is due to my running rich, having an oil mix of 30:1 and an oil that maybe doesn't burn up at the temps I'm running at.
I plan to take the mix to 40:1 and begin to lean out. Unless advised otherwise. Eager to look after this engine!

Oh and also acquired further finger protection!
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds