P51 Conversion to DLE20RA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #4977 by
Replied by on topic P51 Conversion to DLE20RA
Hey Phil, when will the maiden be?
would like to see how this preforms on the DLE before I decide on how to power mine!!! :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4979 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic P51 Conversion to DLE20RA
Possibly in a few weeks once I am able to drive myself about and of course suitable weather. I'll post up all the info when maidened. It certainly feels like a lot of air being sucked back. I have not weighed it (another task to do) but would expect it to come about 12 1/2 lbs.

Another slight concern is the air flow over the fins. Although the pre-cut slot sits pretty well mid cylinder, I am wondering if it might need a couple more mini slots just below main slot to aid cooling.

Mind you there is a ruddy half dozen of maidens or re-maidens to do. :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #4981 by
Sounds good, be interesting to see what yours weighs, I think mine will be on the heavy side after the rebuild!!!
I'm also adding a false leading edge as it's pretty blunt at the moment! Hoping this will help the slow speed and make it a little faster when the throttle is nailed open!!!!! :evil: :P

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4984 by Phil Ford
Hi Chris. Some Info. With nothing to do momentarily :lol: I fitted the wings and gave it a weight check. Came out at 10.2 lbs empty. Quite pleased with that because my old destroyed Muzzie from 2010 with the lame Power 60 and a pair of 4000 3 cell Lipos, plus a small Lipo and regulator for the RX came out at 12 1/2 lbs.

Checked CG I had done this before I think, but redo again for verification ;) I checked it inverted and also right way up although manual says inverted. Slightly nose heavy at 120mm from leading edge at fuselage. Or roughly in line with the back edge of the retract servos. The manual suggests 124mm and anywhere within the 117 to 127 area.

The hardware layout is per the images on post # 4336 except of course the tank is now the right way round.. ;)

Hope that helps.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #4989 by
progress so far with the wing rebuild!!
Attachments:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4991 by Phil Ford
Blimey Chris. A bit of a project! More than a rainy day just job then. How long have you had that Mustang laying around? :lol:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds