This could be fun

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14158 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic This could be fun
[quote=

Chris 001 said - The only worrying thing for me is that I suspect there will be no jig building potential with the Gurke[/quote]

I'm sure you could prove yourself wrong Chris - without trying too hard !!!!
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by kevinross.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14161 by
Replied by on topic This could be fun

Brian wrote: The electric Gurke is quite expensive if you use the suggested Hacker motor etc. Modest offerings from HK bring the price to a reasonable figure.

Hi Brian, I came across a PDF review of the Gurke (alas in German) and if you have a look on the second page you can see the motor mount. Being such a small plane there might not be a lot for room for manoeuvre with a different motors of slightly different proportions. Have you come across one on Hobby King's website that you think would do?

More
6 years 6 months ago #14163 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic This could be fun
I’m up for the build too, looks great!

More
6 years 6 months ago #14164 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic This could be fun
Hello Chris, I found an equivalent motor for the Gurke. Its from Purple Power, PPOM-2321-2050 £13. Speed controller PPESC 12AU £12.50. 2s7.4V LiPo from HKing
£4.10 . Servos HiTech HS65HB £16.43. Prop/spinner HKing HK#8482 £5.57.
I looked up a translation for "Gurke", it said "cucumber". That can't be right...............or can it?

More
6 years 6 months ago #14165 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic This could be fun

Brian wrote: Hello Chris, I found an equivalent motor for the Gurke. Its from Purple Power, PPOM-2321-2050 £13. Speed controller PPESC 12AU £12.50. 2s7.4V LiPo from HKing
£4.10 . Servos HiTech HS65HB £16.43. Prop/spinner HKing HK#8482 £5.57.
I looked up a translation for "Gurke", it said "cucumber". That can't be right...............or can it?

Brian - Thanks for the update on the "bits" - HS65 HB's seem a bit o.t.t Turning mg servos would be fine ( will confirm spec when back
from hols ). Tom uses Turnigy on his " Pussy Cat " which goes like stink with no known problems.
In an earlier thread someone said it had no control surfaces ?? presume from the video it's aileron & elevator, also what is the price ?
Thinking of having a go.
Colin

More
6 years 6 months ago #14167 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic This could be fun
Hi Colin, the HB servos have graphene gears and are cheaper than the MG variant. I think a robust gear train will be needed as the force to twist the wing must be quite a bit more than that required to move a relatively small aileron.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds