This could be fun

More
6 years 7 months ago #14188 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic This could be fun
As mike says - these are precision kits and designed for the recommended parts. However, i would consider the
hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk...outrunner-motor.html
as an alternate to the Hacker which has the same diameter but only 63w instead of 75w on the Hacker. H/K sell spare shafts and the larger versions of this design have been used successfully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14189 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic This could be fun
I'm. confused, can someone please clarify what control functions this has ?
Mention as been made of wings rotating around the spar ( aileron function ) what about elevator ?
Thanks
Colin

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #14190 by kevinross

4Pedalsfly wrote: I'm. confused, can someone please clarify what control functions this has ?
Mention as been made of wings rotating around the spar ( aileron function ) what about elevator ?
Thanks
Colin

The "mentionings" are correct - both wings twist in opposition on the spar for Rpll and rotate together (with respect to a fixed stabiliser) for Pitch -

All is explained in the attached videos - www.hoelleinshop.com/Planes-Helicopters-...&t=49301&c=171&p=171

The more i see, the more i like - Time to get some numbers together
From what i can see on Der Himmlische Höllein website - postage is free >200 euro - So min 2 kits + some accessories should be sufficient.

Mike Seal ordered the last batch of Impressivo's but not sure if the order was sufficient to gain any discount.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by kevinross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

More
6 years 7 months ago #14197 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic This could be fun
I would like to see if the SK3 motor has a shaft that extends beyond the back of the motor in order to accept a prop adapter/spinner.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14199 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic This could be fun
I looked at the HKing site, the video showed a Turnigy SK3 that was a replacement for a 30cc engine. The only difference in motor build is that the outer casing is static. I assume that the motors with high KV numbers are suitable for smaller models. All a bit confusing for a novice in electric flight. Must be a spec sheet on all the motors just a case of finding it.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14200 by kevinross

MikeSeale wrote: I would like to see if the SK3 motor has a shaft that extends beyond the back of the motor in order to accept a prop adapter/spinner.

Good point Mike - further investigation shows the replacement shaft is only 25mm long so the answer is no -

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds