Christmas Curare EP

More
8 years 5 months ago #7133 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Christmas Curare EP
Just install as designed Phil, the carbon peg in the pre drilled holes for the tail mounting will set the incidence for you, I checked mine as I assembled it and everything was as it should be.

Just make sure everything is triangulated and square as you mount it as described in the review.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #7134 by
Replied by on topic Christmas Curare EP
Hi Phil

Just a point when soldering steel wire - I always supplement the cored solder with Plumbing flux. This cleans the metal parts during the soldering process. The downside is it is quite corrosive so make sure the residue is removed after soldering.

Also the tinning process should apply only a very thin layer of solder on the metal parts. Any thickness to the tinning will hold the components apart when positioning. This will cause the wirewrapping to become loose when the solder melts.

More
8 years 5 months ago #7135 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Christmas Curare EP

ronp849 wrote: This will cause the wirewrapping to become loose when the solder melts.

Can you explain this sentence?

Phil is looking to add a solder adapter to a steel rod. No wirewrapping involved and he must use enough solder to fill any difference between the wire diameter and the cup diameter.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #7136 by
Replied by on topic Christmas Curare EP
Hi Mike
I was thinking in more general terms as per Jons photo where he has joined two wires with wire wrapping. I agree my comment does not apply when joining a wire to a clevis.

More
8 years 5 months ago #7137 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Christmas Curare EP
Ah, sorry, I had not looked at the photo. So Phil will have to use solder adapters and join some rods with a wire wrap too. Fun times ahead.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7141 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Christmas Curare EP
Elevator rods done ;) (see stories of stupidity)

Come across another glitch. Motor install. In the qefimagazine review the motor used was the Lipolice 510Kv. I have used the Turnigy SK3 5045 660Kv. Physically they are the same size give or take a millimetre lengthwise. When the SK3 is mounted as per the review and instructions and the cowl is pushed on as far as it will go the prop driver is still 10 or 11 mm short. :(

Plus with the cowl pushed far back it now overlaps the front of the removable canopy by about 15mm. So it can't go there for starters either. :(

Looks like about 25mm short in total.

See images.

Somethings going on......... :angry: A the least i have got to add spacers of 10mm to get the driver out of the cowl and then there is the issue of the cowl - cut it down? Should'nt have to..

Scratching head - assembly stalled.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds