• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7203 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Christmas Curare EP
What a carry on!

Firstly you have to use a double arm for the pull pull maximum width 44mm. Using the link connectors on the outside holes equals 40 mm the same as near minimum of the rudder horns. Manual shows clevises screwed on to couplings with pull wire threaded through. All done, hello we have a problem. :(

The clevis and link nearest the elevator servo won't clear it! Pondered this issue for while and decided to forget the manual and do it my way to achieve the proper outcome.

Do away with clevises use the connectors and slide the wire links through the connectors. This now gives some adjustment if needed to the pull pull and also the wire just slides by the elevator servo body. See images.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7205 by Phil Ford
Steering is now installed. This is operated by the rudder servo. Coupled by the inner connector. I may have to go back over this steering rod though because in the manual they suggest a Z bend just before the servo. This I imagine is too reduce steering shock to the rudder. See images

Following the manual instructions with respect to the nose leg length (112mm) Wrong again! Wheel collided with the rear of the gear bay. Had to cut out 18 mm to clear. :( I won't finalise the actual nose axle position until the plane is put together with the mains down, so it sits level.

Wings completed. Flaps were a bit of fiddle and again I use some parts from the kit and made up the linkage my way. Again this makes for minute adjustments if needed. See images.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7209 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Christmas Curare EP
The rudder servo installation still looks a bit 'clunky'. A simple solution is to raise the rudder servo until the wires slide neatly over the elevator servo.

You also have a little movement on the rudder horns where you can bring them in a little bit more and then bring the linkages closer to the centre on the servo output arm
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by MikeSeale.

More
8 years 5 months ago #7211 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Christmas Curare EP

PhilF51 wrote:

The clevis and link nearest the elevator servo won't clear it! Pondered this issue for while and decided to forget the manual and do it my way to achieve the proper outcome.

Do away with clevises use the connectors and slide the wire links through the connectors. This now gives some adjustment if needed to the pull pull and also the wire just slides by the elevator servo body. See images.

Or just pack one servo up so the arms clear each other
Attachments:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #7212 by Phil Ford
In the manual they say glue two supplied hard wood blocks to raise the elevator servo to allow for the swing of the rudder arm and fittings. The elevator servo is limited in height due to the fact that they have pre-installed the snake tubes.

If, as per earlier versions the user had to assemble the snake bracket then I could've raised the elevator servo higher (if I foresaw the issue in the first place ;) )
Anyway it all works now. I'll grind off the excess rudder horn to make it a bit tidier.

Info: There was no guidance on the horn length settings. :unsure: So I have set the control horn heights at 25mm and the servo arm holes used are at 25mm = 1 to 1 pull ratio. This is for all surfaces

More
8 years 5 months ago #7213 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Christmas Curare EP
:) Mike beat me to it!

One of the problems with the way you have done it is that the servo arm can twist with the closed loop load being offset from the centre of the servo arm.

Also personally I have never liked those clamp connectors, I always throw them away. They are for people who can't solder their linkages ;)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds