Phase 5 by Chris Foss

More
6 years 1 month ago #16269 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Phase 5 by Chris Foss

Cannot start on my Phase 6 due to my workbench becoming a potting shed/greenhouse till end of Spring. :( Never mind I have another new project I can do in the meantime.

What?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #16272 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Phase 5 by Chris Foss

Cannot start on my Phase 6 due to my workbench becoming a potting shed/greenhouse till end of Spring. :( Never mind I have another new project I can do in the meantime.

What?

Is your meantime similar to a wooden shed or its it brick built?

More
6 years 1 month ago #16273 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Phase 5 by Chris Foss

DavidTappin wrote: Is your meantime similar to a wooden shed or its it brick built?

Not wishing to hijack Mike's thread all I can say is a project that is allowed indoors with minimal glueing. Also, I have been given a TO DO list. :(

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #16276 by
Replied by on topic Phase 5 by Chris Foss
I had an opportunity to take a close look at Mike's work today and it's looking really good, the photo's don't do it justice, and it's lovely to see it taking shape and have such graceful lines. The AMT is far more rigid that I thought it would be, admittedly, my only other experience of seeing one is on Mike's Algebra, and I'm amazed that one stays on in flight!

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #16277 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Phase 5 by Chris Foss

PhilF51 wrote: Looking good Mike. AMT? your idea or fancied something different?

The build is as shown on the plan with the exception of the foam wing. AMT's were fashionable at the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #16296 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Phase 5 by Chris Foss
Lots of fiddly jobs doe over the last couple of days. The wing bolts and dowels are done. I opted to use the rivnuts in the end because their extra height meant I couple still use short bolts and have the mounting plate lower in the fuselage where it had something substantial to bond to...the spruce longeron.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 1.307 seconds