Minus Thermic

More
7 years 7 months ago #9950 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
No photos yet, but I've got a fuselage done...and learnt the skill of microsurgery! This model is tiny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #9960 by MikeSeale
I've made some progress...almost ready to cover.

A lot of time has been spent fettling in order to fit a cheap servo. This model is designed around the Ripmax SD100 servo, which is a great little servo but expensive at £20. Attached images show how this servo fits perfectly in the space for the aileron servo, but the much cheaper Turnigy 1370A is too tall. A little (quite a lot actually) head scratching and a couple of hours later and it all fits now. Images should be self-explanatory, but the main 'bodges' involve removing some of the fuselage floor and cutting away the wood above the servo arm. A new servo tray was shoe-horned in too. All of this would have been easier to do before making the fuselage, but I had no idea how to fit it all in until after construction.

The Turnigy servo arm is shorter than the ones supplied with the Ripmax SD100, so I have also sanded to sides at a sharp angle to allow the aileron pushrods to move without binding. Time will tell if I got it right...now for some covering!!
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #9961 by MikeSeale
Only allowed 4 attachments, so here's the last...
Attachments:

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #9964 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Minus Thermic
Nice work on the servo Mike

, I still havent decided what to do to yet, but might just bite the bullet and buy the recommended servos

Fuse is covered in white and one wing is finished, just need a small piece of black covering for the hatch

I will get the other wing finished tomorrow / Friday and all that is left is the covering and radio install

Has anybody got approx 1 meter of covering in a bright colour that they would like to sell ??(Orange or red would be good)
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #9965 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Minus Thermic
Nice work boys B) trouble is I blinked and it's finished :P

More
7 years 7 months ago #9969 by MikeSeale
I didn't like the wire method of holding the hatch in place, so made up a magnetic solution.
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds