• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #10059 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Minus Thermic
Dont worry Pete, no chance of that B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10087 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
I took a trip to White Sheet today...stronger winds and a much better slope than I had for the maiden flights. It flies really well and copes well with the wind. Yes, it will get blown about a bit in gusts, but if you keep the speed up it cuts through nicely and covers quite a lot of sky quite quickly considering. With my confidence growing I tried a bunt...get plenty of height and push down. At the bottom of the bunt my small lump of lead decided to carry on in the same direction and popped the canopy off in the process. I managed to land it with the battery, receiver and regulator hanging out the side and with it being very tail heavy. No damage except my pride. I was annoyed that this had happened on the first flight because it meant I couldn't fly any more...or did it. A quick rummage in the flight box and I was flying again.
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #10088 by MikeSeale
Back home I've made a new canopy with a slightly different shape to the original. It is a little taller at the front which might allow the receiver and battery to fit in a little easier. I might also be able to fit a bigger battery and lose some of the lead. Now where did I put my black covering film :dry:
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #10090 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Minus Thermic
So handy having some cardboard and tape just happening to have laying around. Recycling could not get better. :lol:

Sou-Westerly at White Sheet?

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #10091 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Minus Thermic

MikeSeale wrote: . Now where did I put my black covering film :dry:

Same place as all the other colours you have :P

Just sent you an email, let me know what you want to do and I will get it back to you asap :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #10092 by MikeSeale

PhilF51 wrote: Sou-Westerly at White Sheet?

Yes. The SW bowl at White Sheet was perfect yesterday. Lots of others there too with big scale gliders.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds