• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #10017 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Minus Thermic
Thanks Mike, makes sense now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10018 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
Continued from above...don't assume it will work perfectly every time. I'm on my 4th attempt at doing one of the ailerons and I'm still not happy. Most of the problem is caused by the trailing edge of the wing and the leading edge of the aileron having a slight bow in them. I'm not sure if this is just from the covering shrinking too much or whether I built/sanded it this way.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10019 by MikeSeale
Chris asked about the battery...I've got several to choose from my indoor models. When I've got the servos in I'll see which one makes it balance the best. I'll be using a small 1.5A regulator because my servos cannot take the voltage of a 2S lipo.
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #10020 by MikeSeale
The ruddervators are a very tight fit at the back end. Playing it safe, I've removed a triangle of fuselage to make sure they go up and down without rubbing.
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #10022 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic Minus Thermic
With depth of detail and presentation I think you missed your vocation Mike.you should have been a school teacher not a driving instructor. :cheer: :cheer: very informative thread.Almost makes me want to build one !

More
7 years 7 months ago #10038 by MikeSeale

simondean wrote: With depth of detail and presentation I think you missed your vocation Mike.you should have been a school teacher not a driving instructor. :cheer: :cheer: very informative thread.Almost makes me want to build one !

The trouble with being a teacher is you have to work all evening preparing for the next day...wait, what time is it now!!!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds