Minus Thermic

More
7 years 7 months ago #9970 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
My wings did not line up perfectly. Either I put the brass tube in at a slight angle or this is how they will all end up due to the fact that the fuselage sides are not parallel. Anyhow, they needed to be pulled together at the trailing edge to hold them flat to the side of the fuselage. Also, the little tongues that hold the wings on did not have a plate to screw down on...perhaps they are just supposed to be screwed together and not down to anything. For me a plate just behind the aileron servo gives me something to screw down to and this firmly holds the wings tight against the fuselage.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #9971 by MikeSeale
And it's done, ready for covering. Did I already mention that this is small!
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #9972 by MikeSeale

Chris73 wrote: Has anybody got approx 1 meter of covering in a bright colour that they would like to sell ??(Orange or red would be good)

You're more than welcome to some of my chinacokte if you don't get an offer from someone closer to you.

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #9975 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Minus Thermic
Thanks Mike, might take you up on that

How are you going to do the hinges, will you use hinge tape or just use the covering as the hinge??

More
7 years 7 months ago #9976 by MikeSeale
Hinge tape - Sellotape Crystal Clear. I've done hinges using the covering before and it is a real pain getting the gap right so that it moves freely but without too much slop. I think it's due to the fact that the hinge material shrinks when you heat it to glue it in place. I did 'live' hinges on my Impressivo using the covering but needed to replace a servo and one hinge after a whoopsi. The repaired sellotape hinge is much better than the live one....so, much easier to cover everything and then tape it.

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #9978 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Minus Thermic
So just do all of the covering, and then use the sellotape as the hinge?

Can you please post a couple of photos when you get to it

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds