Minus Thermic

More
7 years 7 months ago #10167 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
The pushrod tube is clearly too too big for the wire. I assume that the original kits shipped with a tighter fitting tube which would have fitted the laser cut holes. They've either gone for a larger tube due to cost. availability or because the slack fit is actually better and cuts down on the friction. Whatever the reason, drill the holes bigger.

The other areas where I found the need to fettle, were:

1. the ply tongue that hold the wing together would not slide through the fuselage sides without making the holes in the fuselage a little bigger.
2. the ply root rib would not slide over the ply tongues without opening up the slots a little bit. They also needed some adjustment so that the trailing edge of this rib lined up with the trailing edge of the wing instead of having it floating in mid-air.

I'm expecting the Acro to fit a little better because the laser cutting seems to be a little more aggressive, as if they used a more powerful setting. All the other ply parts have slotted in a lot easier than they did on the Thermic version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #10169 by
Replied by on topic Minus Thermic

MikeSeale wrote: ... Whatever the reason, drill the holes bigger....

Yes Sir, Sorry Sir ;)

Are you taking the wing on and off or is it so small as to be pointless?
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #10170 by MikeSeale
The wing has not come off yet.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10206 by MikeSeale
I took the new canopy for a test flight this afternoon...attached to the rest of the model to make sure it balanced! Lovely weather and a great view, although it is beginning to get chilly now. It might look like summer but it's definitely autumn.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by MikeSeale.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 5 months ago #11052 by
Not wanting to rush these things I decided to progress at my own steady rate, which even I have to admit is painfully slow on this one. But that's all changed, I have grand ambitions to have it done by the weekend, failing that Sunday... Maybe early next week if things get in the way, but certainly by the following weekend.

Attachment Minus_0001.jpg not found

After all I have the next project sitting in a box, and I'm keen to make a start on that, eta on that one... some time in 2017/18
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 5 months ago #11089 by
First wing tip gluing up now, I'll give it an hour and then do the other one... And yes I used a jig ;)

This thing really is small, and fiddly, here are all the bits that I'll need to find a home for. The little circuit board is a tiny 1.5Amp BEC Mike found, it should be perfect for the job.

Attachment Minus_0002.jpg not found

Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds