DH Venom rebuild

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10607 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic DH Venom rebuild
Not a good day for Dave or Jon for that matter. :sick: A lot of rework had been put into that air frame by Pete and Dave B. With the kind permission of Dave Bright he has allowed me to release the video to the Club members and I am sure you will all feel for Dave plus Jon who was on the sticks at the time.

The video of the two flights are shown plus some lighthearted editing in the early part (Sorry Big Dave, could'nt help myself :lol: ) To get it up to Utube I had to reduce the resolution from AVCHD to 480p but will look better on the Youtube site rather then here.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10608 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic DH Venom rebuild
A sad end to Saturday for sure. Certainly not the nicest of conditions either. Seeing the ensuing damage from her dropping out of the sky with no warning was gutting to say the least.
I had just had a really good flight and apart from feeling a bit heavy on the sticks, she did fly and present well. My error (obviously) was giving her to Jon to land :silly:
Joking aside, there was no warning and at that speed and height, nothing to be done, no matter who was on the sticks.
Need to say a massive thanks to Pete for all his help so far with the venom and now for his work in salvaging the crumpled bits from Saturday. The Venom is going on a bit of a diet too; with plans to get a decent amount of lead right up in the nose (currently filled with sand/cement!!), heavy scale wheels replaced with lighter units and any other weight saving measures, together with wings with wash out - she should be much less of a handful below 25mph!
Thanks Jon for being a sport and taking the majority of the flak for this :)
Thanks also to Pete Willis and David T for helping with my Legs!
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by DaveBright.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 5 months ago #10609 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic DH Venom rebuild
Once the airframe is back together later this week I will rub her down ,back to the gel coat.
The. paint finish at the moment is a least 1mm thick in most places so this will save weight.
I'm off down to Sussex models later to pick up some more bits and bobs ready for a full on rebuild this week.
Mrs C is delighted with the prospect of not seeing me much this week as she can sit in peace and watch all the crappy soaps.
It's also been decided that once I have cut a hatch in the nose and got rid of the sand and cement,i will build a two tier tray to house the radio,ecu,valves and pump,uat and battery's.
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #10610 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic DH Venom rebuild
I have over 5kilos of lead shot, handy for fitting into odd shaped spaces. I've got a big slab of lead as well. If you'd like some, let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright, flyingpete

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 5 months ago #10611 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic DH Venom rebuild

Brian wrote: I have over 5kilos of lead shot, handy for fitting into odd shaped spaces. I've got a big slab of lead as well. If you'd like some, let me know.

Thanks Brian,lead shot sounds a great idea,will get in contact if I need any!!

Thanks
Pete

More
7 years 5 months ago #10612 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic DH Venom rebuild

flyingpete wrote: Mrs C is delighted with the prospect of not seeing me much this week as she can sit in peace and watch all the crappy soaps

:lol: Mrs J keeps getting in my way! Except when Place in the Sun is on TV & Flog It. ;)

You must know the A27 to Worthing blindfolded Pete. :whistle:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.445 seconds