Scratch Built Hannibal

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #13019 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Scratch Built Hannibal
Hi Colin, a few shots of the progress with the covering. I started with the fin, and got carried away. The covering is very easy to use, the only drawback I've found so far, it tends to curl up after a piece has been cut from the roll. The adhesive seems to be transparent, not a trace of "blue glue" on the iron as normally happens with S*******M.
Cowling finally cut and drilled out, needs to be roughed up a bit to hide the gouges I made when cutting the holes. I looked through my purchase records, the covering must've come from HobbyKing, the invoice says "HexTronic Hong Kong". Took just over three weeks to arrive.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #13020 by Brian
In case anyone wonders what the reflection in the cowl is..............It is not a garden gnome propping open the shed door.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Brian.

More
6 years 10 months ago #13021 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Scratch Built Hannibal

Brian wrote: In case anyone wonders what the reflection in the cowl is..............It is not a garden gnome propping open the shed door.

Brian - Did you intend ordering from Hong Kong or was that a surprise, if not a Gnome what is the diminutive figure holding open
the shed door. Covering looking good.
Thanks
Colin

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #13023 by Brian
It was a surprise Colin. I should've paid more attention to the details in the various"boxes". As it worked out, the extra postage from the EU warehouse was offset by the low price of the covering, so it ended up OK. The main attraction of the covering, apart from the price, was that it came in 5m. lengths.

More
6 years 10 months ago #13024 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Scratch Built Hannibal
I don't worry too much if it is coming from the EU Warehouse (Netherlands). I have ordered loads of Lipo packs and motors they arrive just as quick as the UK usually. Until "Brexit" happens prices are not that way off from the home price. If it is a small item and worth less than £38 and is airmailable, Hong Kong/Singapore airlines will fly it for a small price. Avoid expensive and large box stuff though from Global/Hong Kong. Will make your eyes water!

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #13038 by Brian
I want to use pull/pull controls on the Hannibal's rudder and elevators. I've only used the system on rudder, so I trawled the Internet to see if there was an easy way to fit and set-up the wires. I came across this method, looks promising and easy to set-up and adjust. Has anyone used it?

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.550 seconds