Scratch Built Hannibal

More
5 years 10 months ago #17121 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Scratch Built Hannibal
Nice work Brian, but I should keep going if I were you, as soon as it cools down that will probably be because it's raining.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #17123 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Scratch Built Hannibal

DavidTappin wrote: Nice work Brian, but I should keep going if I were you, as soon as it cools down that will probably be because it's raining.

:lol: Realist David!

Let's hope it flies as well as the build Brian. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
5 years 10 months ago #17126 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Scratch Built Hannibal
Good work Brian - look forward to seeing the model at Cashmoor, have you finalised which motor will
be used ?
My workshop has an ex- conservatory roof, great in the winter, warms up nicely with a little sun.
Killer at the moment 50 degrees when we got back home today.
Colin.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #17127 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Scratch Built Hannibal
Thanks Colin, I'm going to use the Saito 1.25 as it is already converted to run on petrol.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #17323 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Scratch Built Hannibal
I made several attempts to spray the Hannibal's markings, but the covering doesn't seem to be paint friendly. Finally, the Blue Peter training cut in, and I completed the job using sticky backed plastic. Fortunately no egg cartons or toilet roll middles were involved. The vinyl shapes were no trouble to apply, I used the "dry hinge" method suggested by Mike, much easier than I thought and the results are quite satisfying. The model is unrealistically shiny at the moment, I intend to coat it with satin finish fuel proofer.(If I can get it to stick)
I've two cowls for the model, the original was badly dented on the old Hannibal's first flight, I got a spare cowl from Inwood Models, but by the time it arrived, I'd beaten out the worst of the dents. Now I have to make a decision, use the old cowl and have the model look like an Eindecker, or use the new one and have the model look vaguely like a Fokker DR 1.
Any comments on which would be the most suitable should be written in pencil on a new £10 note and addressed to me
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Brian.

More
5 years 9 months ago #17324 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Scratch Built Hannibal
That's looking really nice now Brian.:) Now for scale looks it needs the dented cowl to show it has done some glorious combat and flying. Are you going to slope soar it as a PSS? :P

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds