Gromit's Phase 5 Build

More
5 years 7 months ago #17780 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Gromit's Phase 5 Build
Chris ln this day and age you need to be ambidextrous, use the units that are most convenient if the drawings in inches use inches. Most CAD systems will happily convert from one to the other. When I measure using a tape I use whichever division lines and stick with that system. Some of my machines are metric and others imperial I use a digital caliper to convert from one to the other.
Whats all this to do with Phase 5 Build

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #17783 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Gromit's Phase 5 Build

joneb wrote: . When I measure using a tape I use whichever division lines and stick with that system.

Not wanting to hijack a very interesting and intelligent build thread..................:whistle:

Me too. when I am addressing "youngsters" I quote in metric and any not in that age group imperial. Never had a misunderstanding. ;)
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
5 years 7 months ago #17785 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Gromit's Phase 5 Build

Chris001 wrote: Surely not Cubits Kevin!

The maths didn't quite add up, I'm 0.02mm out ;)

Impressed with your accuracy Chris, but must make one observation. Is clevis connecting screw thru the bell crank plain shank ? If its threaded to head it will wear very quickly and introduce slop.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #17786 by
Replied by on topic Gromit's Phase 5 Build

Chris73 wrote: 0.02mm out, start again and do it properly :P

I can always rely on you Chris to keep me on the straight and narrow ;)

Phil Ford wrote:

Chris001 wrote: Surely not Cubits Kevin!The maths didn't quite add up, I'm 0.02mm out ;)

That's really excellent job with the AMT Chris. You know it's Mike's copyright? :evil: Don't worry about a few thou out it will get adjust either way on the first landing.;)

Mike has mostly followed Chris Foss's plans, and I generally follow what Mike's done, because if he's deviated from the plan he's usually had a reason... But sometimes I go my own direction too, but that's not always worked out so well, like when coming in to land on a slope,Mike said turn one way, so I turned the other way and ended up having to walk to get my plane and then repair the tail :oops:

joneb wrote: Chris ln this day and age you need to be ambidextrous, use the units that are most convenient if the drawings in inches use inches. Most CAD systems will happily convert from one to the other. When I measure using a tape I use whichever division lines and stick with that system. Some of my machines are metric and others imperial I use a digital caliper to convert from one to the other.
Whats all this to do with Phase 5 Build

But John, it has everything to do with the Phase 5! All the measurements written on the plan are imperial, and they just don't mean anything to me :unsure: I envy you're ambidextrous abilities with measurement... Oh and digital calipers do 1/1000th of an inch, isn't that just a semi-metric halfway house :)
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #17787 by
Replied by on topic Gromit's Phase 5 Build

kevinross wrote:

Chris001 wrote: Surely not Cubits Kevin!

The maths didn't quite add up, I'm 0.02mm out ;)

Impressed with your accuracy Chris, but must make one observation. Is clevis connecting screw thru the bell crank plain shank ? If its threaded to head it will wear very quickly and introduce slop.

It is threaded all the way Kevin, any suggestions?

More
5 years 7 months ago #17793 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Gromit's Phase 5 Build
Chris - please advise thread format and l'ii see whats in my stock

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds