Gromit's Phase 5 Build

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #17964 by
Replied by on topic Gromit's Phase 5 Build
I've not been able to skin the tail as I needed more balsa having trashed several sheets in my mishap with the wing, I used what I had spare to correct my mistake... But that was just a good excuse for not getting on and doing it, as I could get the balsa from just down the road, it's basically not a fun job, it's messy, and seems to always throw a curved ball at me... so I was putting it off.

However they say the end result reflects the initial preparation, so I made sure I had enough space, I can't be the only one that throughout the day collects more and more 'stuff' on the bench and ends up working on the last available bit of the free space.

The Gorilla glue is very sticky and I seem to get it everywhere, so I have several pairs of disposable gloves on hand so I can ditch them rather than spreading the stuff around. I've taken to using a foam roller to spread the stuff out, and I'm sure I get a more consistent film.

But it's done, wrapped up and held down under a box of bathroom tiles, tomorrow I'll see how it's turned out.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds