Provost

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 10 months ago #4940 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Provost
I installed all the servos to see where we are with the c of g and it's looking pretty good. Thought it might be nose heavy with the big radial,but putting the elevator servos I'n the rear has counteracted it.
I'm going to leave the covering until I get back from my long weekend at wings and wheels as I want to source the pushrods and ideally fit before the covering. I also need to repair 3 airfares so I can put them in the bring and buy next week and hopefully raise some much needed funds for the hurricane build.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 10 months ago #5020 by flyingpete
Hi guy's, hope to get back on the provost later this week and get her finished in about 10 day's or so. Had a good weekend at wings and wheels and bought the remaining bits and bobs to finish the build. My daughter is due to give birth in the next seven days, so it might be a bit hit and miss but Frank will have a provost to play with very soon.

Cheers Pete

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 10 months ago #5028 by flyingpete
Had a good afternoon on the provost, with most of the covering applied to the fuselage so tomorrow will see the model covered ready for a few light coats of primer.
Hopefully Frank has finished the undercarriage mounts as it would be good to get those fitted and close up the undercarriage bays with 1/8 light ply covers.
Will upload pics later this week.

Pete

More
8 years 10 months ago #5033 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Provost
On Saturday last, Frank said he had a mishap with the gear last week. :unsure:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #5034 by
Replied by on topic Provost
I believe Frank broke a tap, and was having trouble removing end from unit. Not an easy job.

Stuart

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #5036 by
Replied by on topic Provost
I afraid tha is true, the last hole to be tapped some new words have been said, I have worked out how to salvage the leg but the problem this week has been that I have not been well, the lump under my right arm pit as grown to twice the size and will not allow me to use it to turn handles on the lathe or milling machine or handle tools, plus i cant stand for very long. The docs have increased the pain killers and are thinking of giving me another shoot of the protons but I hope to fix it this weekend. I think soon I will be used for night flying, sorry for the delay Pete :sick:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds