Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS

More
7 years 4 months ago #11234 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS
Well done Chris. Of course to balance the article out it was deemed necessary to print Jon's "landing" elevating the winners satisfaction further. :lol:

Guys - When quoting, look at the quote text and delete the attachment line. There is no need to repeat the whole ;) post again. As you can see this small error has now boosted the ego of the one certain person you were trying to suppress. :lol: :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #11598 by
I'm still waiting for evidence from Jon that this fabled Mig with no wings flew, but anyway, today I heard another story, this time about a full sized F8 Crusader that took off with the wings folded!

You'd have thought someone would have spotted that. I guess even the "best of the best" occasionally have a bad day :pinch:

More
7 years 3 months ago #11601 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS
I assumed that you would have accepted the word of our esteemed honorary member Mr Tappin snr, but as you are so untrusting I will dig out the photographic evidence!!

I am away until Friday eve so you will have to wait.

More
7 years 3 months ago #11603 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS
Jon,Gromit will never believe it until you find those photo's.

Back in December on the 17th, after I'd delivered my witness statement, he said to me

David, are you trying to suggest that you have no vested interest in maintaining Jon's reputation?

Just remind him that I'm the judge who always rewarded you with the lowest scores, maybe he will accept my integrity then.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #11644 by

DavidTappin wrote: Just remind him that I'm the judge who always rewarded you with the lowest scores, maybe he will accept my integrity then.

David, how does judging Jon harder than the other competitors show your integrity? ;) That is unless the other judges were blinded by his charisma and your scoring showed a true reflection of his dubious execution of the maneuvers :whistle:

More
7 years 3 months ago #11647 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS
Gromit thinks

That is unless the other judges were blinded by his charisma and your scoring showed a true reflection of his dubious execution of the maneuvers

Gromit's nearly right, I knew what Jon could achieve and when, occasionally in the heat of competition, he failed to reach that level then the score he got from me fell below that of the other judges who were bewitched by his magical skills.
So who showed greater integrity in giving his judgement?
Also, as a little aside, who demonstrates superior judgement when deciding how to spell "manoeuvres"?
Pots and kettles my friend!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds