Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #12726 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS

AlanF wrote: That's fabulous Chris. When did this happen? and why is it not in the stories of stupidity?

I witnessed the tree incident and could have shamed Chris on this forum, but to be fair he got so much stick all the weekend and continuing the following week from the IMAC crowd (obviously I didn't join in ;) ) that it would have been cruel to set you lot on him as well! :)
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by JonTappin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12727 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS
Plane was recovered safely, just a broken prop and a bit of covering damage, the main damage was to the pilots pride

Anyway, hopefully that you gave you a bit of a laugh Chris

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12728 by AlanF

JonTappin wrote:

AlanF wrote: That's fabulous Chris. When did this happen? and why is it not in the stories of stupidity?

I witnessed the tree incident and could have shamed Chris on this forum, but to be fair he got so much stick all the weekend and the following week from the IMAC crowd that it would have been cruel to set you lot on him as well! :)

Well that's all changed now - What's the aresti diagram for flying into a tree - or is this only part of freestyle.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12729 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS
Chris if you do decide to build another one I can cut all the formers for you and there must be a set of wing cores available.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 weeks ago #12730 by
Hi Chris, I hope it was cathartic to come clean about your arboreal adventures ;) Glad that it all ended okay, although I'm guessing that isn't the easiest covering to patch, I suspect the pilots ego will bounce back pretty quickly :cheer:

Thanks for the offer John, but I won't be building another Atlas, not straight away anyway.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12731 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Winter build project: Wolfgang Matt’s ATLAS
Aha! Now we know why the question on covering.

Chris was obviously demonstrating that it is more advantageous when in trouble to land in a tree rather into terra firmar. It will also highlight who are his real friends are when they volunteer to scale dizzying heights to recover the "said demonstrator".;)

Your lucky Chris. If this had been Little Dave the ribbing would've lasted 3 months.:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds