Sabres and Migs and stuff

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2952 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
First disaster - powered up today but didn't realise that one of the elevon servos had had hot glue liberally poured over the servo arrm hence its stripped its gears.

I've got the nosewheel servo out to use as a replacement but I'm in danger of destroying the wing getting the broken servo out. Anyone got any tips on removing hot glued servos ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2953 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
I've removed a servo from an expensive wing using a dremel. Cut and grind it bit by bit and you'll save the wing. You'll need to buy a new servo but this will not be an expensive item nowadays.

Mike

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2954 by AlanF
I guess that may be the only way other than cutting right through the wing. Permission to say Damn and Blast!

More
9 years 8 months ago #2955 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
Alan cut the servo shape hole straight through to the top, then fit the servo from the top so the arms are going out top to avoid breaking them or another servo on landing! You could just tape the bottom up.That's what I recon I will end up doing. Will fly it out bottom for now though.

I have a 4s 64mm fan and esc from my global hawk that fits straight in if it doesn't have enough power!
However the fact is when I run the thing and hold it upwards it wants to fly out of my hand so I recon it has plenty of power!

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2957 by AlanF

Dave Rogers wrote: Alan cut the servo shape hole straight through to the top, then fit the servo from the top so the arms are going out top to avoid breaking them or another servo on landing! You could just tape the bottom up.That's what I recon I will end up doing. Will fly it out bottom for now though.

I have a 4s 64mm fan and esc from my global hawk that fits straight in if it doesn't have enough power!
However the fact is when I run the thing and hold it upwards it wants to fly out of my hand so I recon it has plenty of power!

I attacked it with a Dremel cutoff followed by a burr and it came out fairly easily. I've got the nose gear servo in it's place now.

I agree with the power - makes a great leaf blower. The ESC gets very hot though I don't know if that's going to cause issues - needs plenty of air over it

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2963 by AlanF
Ready to rock

CoG set at 50mm back from LE added few mm of Reflex but absolutely no clue what control throws to use :unsure:

You flying tomorrow Dave?
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by AlanF.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds