Sabres and Migs and stuff

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #2945 by
Replied by on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
Sorry to revert the topic back to several posts ago, but I maidened my HK T45 this evening and I had to tell someone who might be interested ;-)

It went far better than I hoped - I'm flying on the stock 3S setup with the PNP ESC so I was expecting it to be underpowered but I managed 4 underarm launches with only one slightly tense moment due to throttle being on the low side. Landing was uneventful too once I'd got the hang of slowing her down. She does float well.

Babying the throttle gave me a good 4-5 mins on 2200mah, so again, better than I expected.

I've done a few mods - rudder & flapperons being the main ones. Both seem quite effective.

All in all, a very successful evening - much more entertaining than my beat up Riot. Can't stop grinning! If anyone out there is after a 1st edf, go for it - they're great fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2946 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff

JonTappin wrote: RCgropes sounds like a very dodgy website Alan, don't let the wife find you on there! !

It certainly does when you say it out loud - sorry about that :lol:

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2947 by AlanF

alexc wrote: Sorry to revert the topic back to several posts ago, but I maidened my HK T45 this evening and I had to tell someone who might be interested ;-)

... snip...

Can't stop grinning! If anyone out there is after a 1st edf, go for it - they're great fun.

Congrats. on the maiden I'll be very interested to see it in action.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2948 by AlanF
Dave, I've just started putting the Phazer together and noticed that the elevons foul on the fuselage when deflected down- did you have this problem? I'm going to have to cut a slice off the end of each elevon. Althought the hinges don't feel too stiff, I'm just debating whether to cut the hinge line and retape with Blenderm I can shift them outboard a bit then.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2949 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
Mine only touch with loads of deflection, I'm counting on the fact we won't require any where near that much deflection.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2950 by
Replied by on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff

AlanF wrote: Congrats. on the maiden I'll be very interested to see it in action.

Hope to be there tonight and on Saturday.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds