Rubin

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 week ago #22169 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Rubin

kevinross wrote: Looks super Mike and no mistaking which way up as you exit a spin. Whats your plan to paint the cowl.

I need to wait until Halfords in open and then find a blue and an orange that are similar to the covering. I'll either extend the colours straight forward or might curve then to a point so the front of the cowl is completely white.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 week ago #22170 by MikeSeale

Phil Ford wrote: A good job done. A very easily orientated scheme Mike. Blue/Orange is the modern look. ;) What's the plan for the coming week now?

I have an unopened box of balsa from Balsa Cabin that has enough wood for at least a couple of models. I'll probably do an own-design slope soarer of about 2m wingspan.

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 week ago #22171 by MikeSeale

JonTappin wrote: Attached is the only pic I could find of my now dead Sukhoi, not crashed due to orientation issues ;)

Hopefully I won't be posting a similar image!

More
4 years 1 week ago #22172 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Rubin
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

MikeSeale wrote:

kevinross wrote: Looks super Mike and no mistaking which way up as you exit a spin. Whats your plan to paint the cowl.

I need to wait until Halfords in open and then find a blue and an orange that are similar to the covering. I'll either extend the colours straight forward or might curve then to a point so the front of the cowl is completely white.

My local motoring centre can mix aerosols to R.A.L. colour spec - I'm sure you'll be able one out your way that can offer that service. or you could try this

The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeSeale

More
4 years 1 week ago #22176 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Rubin
I like your choice of colour scheme Mike, its almost like looking at two different models. Do you seal the balsa before covering, and do you use a primer on the overlaps in the film?

More
4 years 1 week ago #22179 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Rubin
Mike, if the dark blue is Oracover 52 then the nearest is Fiat Capri blue, the colour seen on the cowl of my Pepsi and the newly rebuilt Chipmunk Stargazer (Halfords or Motabitz Ferndown, the latter makes colour spec aerosols in the shop or online). The light blue I would suggest is nearest Suzuki Swift blue. Orange might be a struggle in car colours though. Boy racer colour....:lol:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds