• Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7389 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Christmas Curare EP

JonTappin wrote: What he said :)

:)

Not defending the Wot 4 debacle ;) but the Wots Wot is fun, but does take some care when landing which I am just getting used to. Orange foamies have not been around for over two months now and I have some interested purchasers. :lol:

Now that I will have more time during the week (when it ain't raining) I'll be able get more flight experience which has been limited.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #7618 by Phil Ford
So far had loads of flights and loving it. :) With only one battery too! :(

Ordered two 4000maH 60C Zippys. These are virtually the same length and height but a lot wider. Weight of these Zippys is 693gms compared to 645gms for the Turnigy. The extra width required repositioning of the regulator more forward (more juggling of wiring) but simple enough as the output wire was quite long. The new packs may have go back a little to maintain CG.

Jon, you had 16 clicks of right rudder dialled in on the TX. So, while indoors I removed the cowl and checked the firewall position and motor adaptor. There is no right thrust built in. Do you think a degree or so of right thrust would do the trick to centre rudder. Never heard you mention anything before regarding your IC Curare.
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #7619 by
Replied by on topic Christmas Curare EP
If you look at the plan Phil it suggests:

Down thrust 0-3º
Right thrust 2º

Plan: www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_files_05/5527/Curare_60.pdf

Why did you go for a 60C battery, the current handling of the motor is 60 Amps so even a 20C 4000mAh should provide 80 Amps. The 60C is heavier by about 100 grams, even more if you went for a zippy compact 25C, which is 557g if the specs are correct.

Really glad you're enjoying the curare, lovely looking plane and must be fun to fly.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #7620 by Phil Ford
60C? I wanted a pair of 40C Zippys but only one in stock. They are only 45 gms heavier, i weight them. The Turnigy 40C I have been using has not had a lot of use, yet starting to puff out and I have not asked for max amps often. In fact the Curare has been lifting off with no head wind at just under half throttle... :) :blink:

I had not looked at the "plans" (mine is ARF) but you obviously have so I'll shim the motor adaptor for right and see if that cures the rudder trim.

As a footnote: if the new packs are too heavy, I have another plane that will love 'em, but that depends on HK stock levels of the packs I really wanted. (I did not want to go down the Europe order route after the last fiasco.

Your Atlas must be nearly finished by now...... :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #7621 by
Replied by on topic Christmas Curare EP
Yep, I've got quite a few plans on my computer now ;)

The Atlas is stalled at the moment awaiting news that my servos have been obtained from the suppler, and are ready to be sent on to me.

I'll be interested to know how the different batteries perform, as I have a vested interest ;) Preferable I'd like to have something that would be good for both the Atlas and the Mythos 50E, so I've got my eye on the 5000mAh 6s Zippy compacts, although I've heard both positive and negative reports on them from two club members.

More
8 years 4 months ago #7624 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Christmas Curare EP
Here's a file I created a few weeks ago to compare different 6s batteries. Prices and stock availability will have changed since then, but you can see where the bargains are to be had
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds