Minus Thermic

More
7 years 4 months ago #11292 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
The requested photos are attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11293 by
Replied by on topic Minus Thermic

MikeSeale wrote: Do I need to call operation yew tree?

I think I've got to be careful with what I say and write! On Sunday when looking for oil for Chris's van in Mitch's car, I said "That's a big clock", Jon thought I said something else, and seemed to get all insecure, saying something about the cold and... well lets not go there. For those that have not had the pleasure of looking inside Mitch's car, there is a huge clock wedged in the foot well of the front passenger seat.

Anyway, thank you Mike for the photos, much obliged to you sir, now that you've shredded what little reputation I had left :pinch:

More
7 years 4 months ago #11295 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Minus Thermic
Mike, your third email! What good deal were you offered with a virgin?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11297 by
Dave your post reminds me of an interview with Ringo Starr, he was saying how John Lennon had shown him the album artwork for "Two Virgins" and the only thing he could think to say was "Oh, you've even got the Times in it..."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #11304 by
Getting there...

.... All I have to do now is, do the aileron linkages again and maybe re-hing the wing :angry: ...

...The aileron servo is making unhappy sounds, and I'm guessing it's struggling with some resistance somewhere, and despite my best efforts, both ailerons are slightly up, how I wish I could shoehorn in an extra servo, how did you cope with single aileron servos back in the dark ages?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

More
7 years 4 months ago #11305 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
We coped with one aileron servo using adjustable linkages.
To adjust your ailerons so they are both level, just heat the joint with your soldering iron and stretch the heat shrink a little. Make sure you hold the aileron level for long enough to ensure the shrink tube has cooled into a new position.
You might find that the groaning noise disappears when you've done this, but if it doesn't, just accept that it's a cheap servo and you won't be able to hear it when it's flying.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds