Minus Thermic

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11406 by
Replied by on topic Minus Thermic
Taking advantage of a Northerly wind, Mike suggested today would be a good day to maiden my Minus, so off to Win Green we went, only the strength of the wind was less than would hoped for.

However it was still good enough, and although there was not enough lift for aerobatics, I was quite content to stooge around and get used to sloping. It's a very enjoyable little plane to fly, and looking forward to get a lot more time in the air with it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #11408 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Minus Thermic
Nice Chris B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11412 by

flyingpete wrote: Nice Chris B)

Well, despite the fiddly build, and that I've only flown it today, it's already won me over, it's just fun. :woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11558 by
With a bit more of a breeze today (measured at 22mph), I met up with Mike and got a few more flights in with the Minus, it does fly very well and by the second flight I was happy to try some basic stall turns, loops and rolls, discovering what you can get away with and what quickly looses you height and speed. I still find it odd to push the stick forwards to gain speed, and to do such a fast sweep round to bring the glider back into the wind but behind you for landing, where it just sinks lightly like a feather to the ground :whistle:

My flying sessions were curtailed when a bad launch resulting, only moments later, in a bad landing revealed some hither to unnoticed damage to the V-tail. I'm only speculating here, but I believe a curious sheep probably accidentally knocked the tail while we were having coffee. And it was due to this that the launch was bad, and the damage was not done by the subsequent bad landing. ;) That's my story and any other account is simply, phony news.

It looks like a simple repair, and I bet if I'd put a strip of sellotape along the join to the fuselage in the first place it would have been a little more durable.
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #11563 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
I think you're right...it was the sheep.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15173 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Minus Thermic
Nearly a year since the last post in this thread!

At last I've finished the Minus Acro, the smaller version. This one has a symmetrical section without the turned up tips. It's 700mm span instead of 900mm. Fuselage is the same length
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds