3D Printing

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #21595 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic 3D Printing
Finally got down to the shed today, spent a while hunting out suitable screws to hold the motor. The designers didn't make assembling the motor to the model an easy task. The holes for the motor mounting screws are under 3mm, so the screws had to be "screwed" in. It took me quite a while to figure out a way to get things lined up. Finally it all came together and at last the motor was fixed. When the prop hub/spinner was attached to the motor shaft, I could see that down and side thrust had been built in. That's good, 'cos dismantling the motor and adding packing washers wouldn't be a fun thing to do. So far the servos are centred and fitted, the motor is in and plugged in to the ESC, No blades will be fitted until the motor runs the right way! HobbyKing have refunded the cost of the motor they didn't have in stock, and I've saved a decent sum by getting four LiPos from them, so it can't be too bad.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #21597 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic 3D Printing
Good stuff Brian! I will collect those specially commissioned parts soon I promise!

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #21602 by Brian
Hi Dave, I'll bring the thingys to the meeting on Friday. See you then.
Regards
B.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #21623 by Brian
Today I found the perfect excuse to not fly the Joker. A new piece to be left behind. The absence of the piece only being discovered after assembling the model on the field and wondering "What the ***!!!***" did I do with the darned thing?
The attached photos will give you some idea of what the missing part is, and does.
The ultimate safety device for an electric model, a cheap 'n cheerful Deans plug in a 3D printed holder.
The plug isn't shown 'cos HK haven't delivered the connectors I ordered............yet. I'm hoping I don't get a "On back order" message.
Attachments:

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #21627 by Brian
Shortly after I posted the last article, the delivery from HK arrived! The new Deans connector bodies are very different from the original design. Happily the terminal sizes and pitch are compatible with the old design. At least the new connectors come with a snazzy terminal cover, this also eases the old problem of getting the connectors apart without breaking a finger nail.
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 months ago #21630 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic 3D Printing

Brian wrote: Hi Dave, I'll bring the thingys to the meeting on Friday. See you then.
Regards
B.

Hi Brian, afraid I cannot make tonight

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds