Back to Basics

More
3 years 11 months ago #22609 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Back to Basics
The answer to that depends on you really Brian, in truth for a model like the Kadet it probably won't have much of an effect, and could easily be corrected with a little rudder trim.

However for me, things like that would bother me ever after, knowing it was wrong, so I would correct it. With a framed fuselage, I wouldn't expect it to be a difficult fix, just cut the joints on one side, reset and refix.

But if it wouldn't bother you much, then leave it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #22614 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Back to Basics
Thanks Jon, like you said, I'll always know its there, so.....small though the error is.....it has to be sorted!

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #22619 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Back to Basics

JonTappin wrote: However for me, things like that would bother me ever after, knowing it was wrong, so I would correct it.

:)
It would bother me too forever but if it flies okay then I probably wouldn't fix it. ;)
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
3 years 11 months ago #22623 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Back to Basics

Phil Ford wrote:

JonTappin wrote: However for me, things like that would bother me ever after, knowing it was wrong, so I would correct it.

:)
It would bother me too forever but if it flies okay then I probably wouldn't fix it. ;)

But once it's finished, it's too late to fix it!

More
3 years 11 months ago #22641 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Back to Basics
You speak my language Brian - for 9/32 in my brain would tell me that's 1/4 in + 1/32 - easier than counting 9 thirty seconds on the steel rule.
The error would annoy me too, so I'd fix it.

Colin.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #22645 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Back to Basics
Most encouraging to know that I'm not alone Colin, there is an ambience to measurements that have their roots embedded in history. Whether its a fact or a charming legend, the "foot" being the length of the king's foot, and an "inch" being the length from the first joint to the end of his thumb, and the amazing coincidence that it was one twelfth of the length of his foot. Such things, legendary though they may be, generated a measurement system that enabled great works to be built. However, we must bend to digital measurement in all its forms and methods of control. But it is comforting to remember that the monetary system we had for almost two thousand years was started when the Romans invaded us, that and our measurement system must have confused the rest of the World. Unfortunately, I can't help thinking that a "Micron" is an extremely small version of a French president, in spite of that, the magic Metric System and the works of Mr Boole enable us to enjoy the affordable high-tech items we rely on today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds