Back to Basics

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #26792 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Back to Basics
Keep on at BCP. If they do come down tell them not only will it harder to remove and may cost them more, ie; compenastion for loss of Workshop.

My experience of that covering film from most suppliers regardless of brand is EasyCoat in disguise. Lot's of colours but won't match virtually anything that was covered in Oracover.  What I have found after not too long a time is it starts to lift and leaves the colour behind. aka that damn Monokote.  Although anything from Chris Foss is easy to match colours.  However, it is half the price of Oracover (I blame the Germans and the EU)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #26794 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Back to Basics
I don't know who makes the covering that's sold by 4Max. Its similar to the budget stuff sold by Hobby King some years ago. The adhesive isn't the same colour as the film, and it handles much better than Easycote. The film presents quite differently in as much as it has no cardboard tube, its simply rolled onto itself and comes as what looks like a  15mm diameter (approx)  stick of coloured plastic. The tightness of the rolling does make it a trifle awkward when initially positioning a piece, it tries to spring back to its original shape, but as soon as a couple of tacks are in place, the rest of the process is pretty normal. Might give the finished model a light spray of polyurethane varnish to seal the edges, always a weak spot when flying "oilies".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
3 weeks 9 hours ago #26795 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Back to Basics
Same tightly rolled stuff that MacGregor flogs then.  I bought some Guild Chemicals fuel resistant lacquer years ago and just discovered it in my paint store.  I have just used it to seal decals and edges on the oiler AcroWot 

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #26796 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Back to Basics
clearly you should have bought a house nearby  a local councillor  In my area they dont have potholes and all that porper stuff  - I wish ! 

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds