• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 7 months ago #10062 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Looking good Phil B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10067 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Phil - Look forward to seeing it progress, just a thought for you, with such a covering job I first cutout newspaper templates
for the curvy bits.These are then laid on the film to minimize waste.
Colin.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10068 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Done a bit more this morning. Stab now covered, a bit fiddly but I am pleased with the outcome (why do I fall for the multi colour fancy schemes.... :huh: ) and it will get worse. :whistle: Whats wrong with plain ole white all over? :lol:

Can't do much more as the wings and fuselage need a lot more space to work in, so some furniture removal and trips to the dump to do first. :(

Decals are great. Trial fit of decal to the fin. Peel off back, layout in position by rolling out. Press down lightly. Scalpel to lift top covering and letters stay put. No giveaway clear outline aka usual arfs!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10070 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Looking good, Phil

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10074 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
With nothing else to do for now put me feet up. Hang on! How about flaps, ailerons and servo hatches. They are small enough to do on the mini bench aka "wife's potting" worktop.

Pete: Gave a bit more sanding on the flaps to give me up to 50 degrees down (allows for any misdemeanors by myself ;) ) and also one aileron a bit more up/down.

Mike: Oracover do checker in 52mm squares. Called Fun 5 Code #491. Only places to have it are on the Continent. No wonder the Yanks did not bother with the underside..... ;) As you say no-one will notice when it's on the ground...... :lol:
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10075 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Phil confessed that he had

nothing else to do for now

Good news that, it must mean that he's completer (meant completed ;) by Editor)assembling the photos and video of his Spitfire/Long Ranger formation flight last Sunday. He informed us that Mr Coupe, the other Phil, had also taken some excellent shots.

Come on then Phils, lets be seeing them.

On second thoughts, as we will have the projector and screen at Holt on Friday week for Graham's quiz the Premier of their story would make a great feature while we are enjoying our post quiz refreshments.

David

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds