Pepsi Chipmunk Build

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10274 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
The ailerons were fitted on Sunday afternoon. With Monday afternoon now "free" I got on and set up the control linkages. The control horn posts were too long by 20mm (they are really for rudders but cheap from ebay - No Miracle posts anywhere :( ) so had to cut them down.

The control rods are from ally rod which I then die-cut with 3mm threads. Connected up the AR9000 intended for the Pepsi and set up aileron rates and flaps. Will replace ball end nuts with nylock nuts and find some large bore silicon fuel tube for the clevises.

There are a few areas of film that need some fine attention but I will leave them for now after the Chipmunk patch fiasco.... :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 7 months ago #10275 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Nice work Phil B)

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 7 months ago #10276 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Nice work Phil B) I would change the rods for steel or stainless as ally is far to soft from the vibration from the motor,the threads will strip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
7 years 7 months ago #10277 by Phil Ford
Thanks Pete for that info. I do have some 3mm carbon rod kits that have steel end connectors to glue on. Would they suffice?

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10281 by Phil Ford
I will retract my ally rods statement Pete. ;) They are steel, the magnet picks them up. :oops:

Not happy with my wing covering either, maybe I am expecting too much? So, going to strip the film off and have another go when my mind set is right....... ;) :(
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10282 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Phil, if it was me, I would fly it a few times and let the covering settle down (You are going to get a few more wrinkles in it anyway) and then gently go over it with the covering iron and deal with the worse bits, nobody is going to see the bits of covering you are not happy with when its in the air :)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds