• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4908 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic CAP232 Breitling
101.60469 Kilograms - That will hurt. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4918 by Phil Ford
Added more ply to cowl fixing points. This is to allow me to use 4mm spike nuts. The cowl will then be secured using 4mm cap head screws with rubber-backed washers.

Finally screwed pilot to cockpit floor and stuck down the canopy.
Attachments:

More
8 years 10 months ago #4919 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic CAP232 Breitling
Really starting to look the dogs b______s Phil!
I used to have a 40% cap 232 with a zdz 160, biggest mistake of my life selling it,still trying to buy it back after 6 years of selling her :angry:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4921 by Phil Ford

flyingpete wrote: I used to have a 40% cap 232 with a zdz 160, biggest mistake of my life selling it,still trying to buy it back after 6 years of selling her :angry:

You missed out the letters "o l l o c k" Pete! :lol:
There are a lot of 40% Carden Caps still around mainly in States though.

I have enjoyed putting and modifying this CAP and it has saved me from weeks of boredom. Although it has been a bit of a plod as all my numerous other models did not use HD stuff, so had to buy more accessories in. Hoping to run up engine shortly and soon as I am able to get her outside, (it can't live in kitchen much longer :unsure: ) fit wings and see what's needed to balance it.

The next bit should be interesting...............Where the hell I am going to store it. Does it fit into an Astravan? :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4949 by Phil Ford
Busy morning and early afternoon with health care stuff. That left most of the afternoon free. Drilled out prop using a DLE jig and fitted it to engine.

Couldn't resist temptation so got my wife to assist me. CAP in drive, fuelled up, power on, ign on and wife's legs as restraint. Flicking and flicking to avail. :( Dry carb? Pulled off carb line and pressurised the system by blowing back through the vent line till gas ran out. Reconnected line and after a few more flicks it kicked. Flicked again and engine running for just a couple of minutes then wife complained about dents in her legs from the stabiliser. :lol: Cut motor. Re-torqued exhaust bolts.

Really pleased it is coming together. A few small tweaks and spark plug lead routing and secure.

Just got to find a suitable 3.5 inch spinner that will take large wide blade props. Also possibly some large ally servo arms for Hitec servos on elevators.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4950 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic CAP232 Breitling
Phil

I really like the irvine spinners, lightened ally backplate and plastic cone, easy to trim nice quality and relatively cheap, I have one on my 88 Edge, various colours available. 89mm should do you.

www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/c/244/?cs=%7B1%3A%5B116%5D%7D

for metal servo arms, Secraft ones are nice, avaliable from MacGregor, Hobbyplastic

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds