CAP232 Breitling

More
8 years 10 months ago #5001 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic CAP232 Breitling

PhilF51 wrote:

DaveBright wrote: Are the tailplanes removable? If not, I came up with a quick connect solution to this some years back :-)

Stabilisers are detachable, secured by 4/40 machine screws but I have added some rubber backed washers to guard against loosening due to vibration. Would have to disconnect the servo linkage at the horn's ball link by undoing 3mm screw.

Ah! Perfect... This is where my solution comes in. Ask Simon, he usually bursts into hysterics on recalling this solution! I thought quikconnects would have been fine!

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #5002 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic CAP232 Breitling

kevinross wrote:

DavidTappin wrote: Phil wrote

it won't fit the van

That's a shame it looks so good - but don't despair - I can help you out, it'll go in my car ok, you better give it to me!

It may be a French plane but it cant possibly fit your little French runabout. - so it will have to go in my motorhome boot !

:lol: :lol: Not a chance Kevin. Get yer own Kermit plane ;)

So Dave, what was solution gave Simon the giggles over other than taking the windscreen out?

JonTappin wrote: Very pretty Phil :)

What's the plan for transportation then?

A bigger van.

Not to worry Jon, there are lots of other models hanging around that'll fit in an Astra. :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #5043 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic CAP232 Breitling
Not much more I can fiddle with on this bird.... ;) Rewired pull pull. Made some red artwork using Solar Trim to break up the white on the spats. Replaced the 4/40 top cover security screws with 3mm socket head bolts. Made up new 6mm wing bolts using Secraft silicon backed nuts and R clips for extra security.

Ideally I need to run her up really hot and torque down the exhaust bolts. I have used a new exhaust gasket but I suspect there may be a more guaranteed way of securing the exhaust.

Assembled it fully in the garden to check CG and it requires about 460 gms of ballast at the firewall to balance. Job still to do but I am getting a suspicion that it 's time in the kitchen is coming to an end.... :lol: I'll have to juggle some planes around in the garage soon. ;)

This weeks spare time has seen me check over for flights the Twin Otter and B25 Mitchell.
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds