CAP232 Breitling

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4688 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic CAP232 Breitling

DaveBright wrote: I tried one of those miracle switches Phil when I first setup my SBACH with the AR9000. It didn't work in place of the spektrum switch that the RX came with.
I'm just using the switch supplied with the RX in the Sukhoi.

What soft switch? I could not find one in my RX package. I've been done! :( As an after thought I went out to the recycle bin (they are due today) and retrieved the carton. In the lower box (which I thought was a spacer) was a little packet with Switch and EC3 bits. That WAS lucky! :whistle: So, to keep it Simples, I'll maybe just mount the little switch on the fuselage or juggle the plug pins config - See below.

Dave, your normal switch not working? I have come across this issue before with the Pin-n- Flag switches I use for my fail-safe regulators. Gryphon switches use signal and negative for soft switching, so do DualSky on their 8amp Pro regulator whereas the DualSky 5amp uses positive and negative pins. It's just a matter of swapping the pins around in the plug. ;) When switch is open its ON and switch closed its OFF.

Anyways, many many thanks for mentioning switch supplied Dave. Saved the day.. :kiss:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4692 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic CAP232 Breitling

PhilF51 wrote: Anyways, many many thanks for mentioning switch supplied Dave. Saved the day.. :kiss:

Thought it was me Phil, Mr Bright always gets all the credit :angry:........... :) :)

Lucky you posted on it when you did Phil and not after the rubbish men had been!!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by JonTappin.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4694 by Phil Ford
Sorry Jon, You mentioning the "soft switch" did spur some more thinking on my part. I'll give you both a Thank You. You've now got 48 and Dave B = 28. How's that... :lol:

Something Stupid! If I had read the manual properly (typical man) and looked very carefully at the RX I would've spotted the extra set of terminals marked "soft switch" :S
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #4697 by Phil Ford
I am planning on programming the AR9110 to mix channels as follows:

Left aileron = ail, right aileron = gear or aux1, left elevator = elevator, right elevator = aux3, rudder = rudder, throttle = throttle and aux4/trainer switch will be the remote ign kill switch. Obviously the switches on gear, flap will be disabled. This gives me independent sub trims on all surfaces.

Or is there a better way of doing it?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4698 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic CAP232 Breitling

PhilF51 wrote: Or is there a better way of doing it?

I think I'd use aux 2 for something, otherwise it might feel left out
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MikeSeale.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4699 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic CAP232 Breitling
That should be fine Phil , except 2nd ail should always be in aux1/flap (whatever your radio calls it) channel. As you have JR, there will be a dedicated dual aileron function (10X calls it 'wing type') which you can use to set up differential, flapperons etc. If you use any other channel you would have to set it up manually.

Use the next available aux channel for your second elevator, some of the higher number aux channels can have a noticable lag when mixed to other channels. Easy enough to see this when setting up.

When you are setting up the elevators, it is worth spending some time making sure they track together across their full range, not just at neutral and the end points, when you only do the extremes, you would be surprised how much out they can be at the mid points. Tape a couple of lengths of balsa to the elevators 3-400mm long, with their outer ends together behind the rudder, you will then easily be able to see the tracking. I use a curve mix instead of a standard one, you can then adjust at points throughout the travel. Hope this makes sense.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by JonTappin.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds