Curare 60 E

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22035 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Curare 60 E
I appreciate your kind words Simon, however I've only ever written about stuff I kind of understand, Futaba programming is definately not one of those subjects!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #22036 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Curare 60 E

JonTappin wrote: Futaba programming is definately not one of those subjects!!

And nearly all of us too!

You will love the Curare Simon. No more worrying about high winds, cuts thro 'em, so no excuses. :lol: Certainly got a bargain there though with retracts included. Of course that is depending how much you paid for it. ;)
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Phil Ford.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22049 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Curare 60 E
Phil - You will probably get the same answer Susan got when she saw the big box delivered !!
Simon must have great domestic negotiation skills to be adding such superb aircraft to his fleet.
Looking forward to seeing 3 Curares flying in formation.

Colin.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #22054 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
I find saying £49.99 usually attracts a lesser degree of horror when I'm asked of the cost of most models! However, I did have to apply a slight increase to the price I acquired the Boomerang Elan for.

When I'm asked these indelicate questions, I often refer to the galactic range of shoes and hand bags that Mrs O has acquired. The conversation thankfully normally moves on to more mundane subjects from then on.
It's all a matter of scale Colin
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 2 weeks ago #22059 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
Well, I've been putting some time in on assembly of the Curare the last couple of days. Which is very unlike me, I usually take weeks from getting a model to starting assembly. Strange times we now live in.
The instruction manual along with the article Jon T wrote when he assembled his example have made progress pretty straight forward so far except for getting the flaps working.

The right hand flap control rod was seized almost solid in its tube. I tried all sorts of manipulation without success. In the end, nothing for it but to carefully peel back the covering, with a scalpel cut a V section out down to the tube and expose the tube. Then I sliced the tube open along its length which immediately allowed the control rod to move freely. Then I glued the V piece of balsa back in with PVA along both sides of the V and when set lightly sanded the balsa V section above the tube to smooth it out. I then ironed the covering back into place and hey presto, flaps now both working fine!

Wings fitted with retracts and ailerons, then glued wing halves together and left them for the glue to set.
Fitted the switch for the on board battery and attached the motor box to the bulkhead. Next job is to make up the linkage for the flaps and get ready to start on the tail.
Happy Easter!
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22060 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Curare 60 E
Progressing well Simon. ;) Regarding the flap torque rod , they can be a pain. I smeared lightly Vaseline of the rods to reduce chances of epoxy getting into the rod tubes. Especially when you have to glue torque rods and insert CA hinges or any hinge all at the same time.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds