Curare 60 E

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22015 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Curare 60 E
Aha! He has finally gone public with his next project - I was wondering whether to prod him to do so soon. Not only that when it appears suddenly at the field saves a lot of questions.....:lol: Anyway, jammy git for finding that bargain. You can buy the Curare complete with retracts, motor, esc, etc but it will set you back nearly 990 Euros. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22016 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Curare 60 E
Hi Simon

I dug out the original review I did for RCMW, which is the original reason I got hold of the Curare. Hopefully you'll find these copies helpful
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22017 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Curare 60 E
Parts 3 and 4, had to split it down due to site upload limits
Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 2 weeks ago #22019 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
Jon, that's extremely kind of you. Thank you very much for those. I've looked at loads on the Internet forums and YouTube but its all a bit wish washy, if you know what I mean. That's brilliant!
Cheers
Simon

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22024 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Curare 60 E
Rudder and elevator servos. My Curare GP's throttle servo (micro type) is custom mounted elsewhere to how Jon's is. This leaves the front servo hole for the rudder pull pull. My EP Curare rudder and elevator servos are mounted the same as the GP. to allow clearance for the pull pull wire and wire couplers, the elevator servo is raised up slightly on some ply pads. There is very small clearance between the servo arms and the side of fuselage.

Flaps/Snap flaps I did the same as Jon had except I used collets to secure the bent wire - also makes it easier for adjustments rather than keep unclipping the clevises. See images.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #22032 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
CURARE WEALTH WARNING!
If you read the article Jon wrote, you may be tempted!

Think twice before you read the excellent article that Jon wrote and has attached to this forum subject about building, setting up and flying the Curare!

Having the components of the model spread out in front of me and reading the article that Jon wrote has inspired me to get on and assemble it.

Jon, if you still feel inspired to write another excellent piece, please write a user manual for the Futaba 18MZ transmitter!
Futaba MZ owners world wide will be so grateful! You never know, you could have a best seller on your hands to rival the Harry Potter books. :unsure: :ohmy:
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by .

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds