Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

More
6 years 7 months ago #14049 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Hi Guys : My contribution to the discussion.
I've been using Futaba radio since buying an "M" Series on 27 meg, my current radio is a Field Force 9 with a FrSy 2.5 plug in module.
This gives me the ease of Futaba programming with economic FrSky rx's.- never let me down in 6 years.
This can cope with all my programming needs including Full Crow on gliders.
I did consider Taranus but it ment buying a load of new receivers since my older FrSky receivers were not compatible with the
latest European standard transmitters, decided to stick with what I had.
Colin
Futaba Man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #14052 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
As of January 2015 the "European Union" declared that a new protocol had to used in Europe. So all transmitters for the European market had to be EU LBT. LBT meaning Listen Before Transmission. I believe they also stopped the use of the LR versions. LR = long range. Hence earlier RX are not backward compatible. At least Horizon kept the DSM standard and upgraded it with X for telemetry.

Anyway, HK have accepted my "Claim" for an exchange. ;)

More
6 years 7 months ago #14053 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Now what do we do? If using a "pre-LBT" transmitter, will the BMFA insurance be invalid?
Nice to know that HK came up with a replacement.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14054 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Brian. Ignore Phil's post. It is full of misinformation because he has not fully checked before quoting his "facts".

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #14055 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

MikeSeale wrote: Brian. Ignore Phil's post. It is full of misinformation because he has not fully checked before quoting his "facts".

It was a general overview in my estimation on the basis of which receivers to buy and which protocol for my benefit as I was now leaving the safety net of pre-programmed gear.

Anyway I am going to go quiet now.. This thread now has at least 60 posts! I was hoping it would be OpenTX involved but it seems to have evolved.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14058 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
That's a fair point, Phil. And if you want a thread on OpenTX then we can start one, but don't call it Taranis X9D and then introduce talk about receiver protocols which has nothing to do with the operating system of OpenTX.
And for the record, my understanding is that long range receivers can still be used with the EU-LBT firmware. All existing receivers can still be used with the EU-LBT firmware with the exception of the very first V-series. And Spektrum are not backward compatible anymore...the loophole was closed and their latest offerings can only transmit DSMX and not DSM2. And for Brian's peace of mind, insurance is still valid if you are using old radio gear.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds