Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

More
6 years 7 months ago #13981 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thanks Phil, if you don't hear from me for a while I'll be scratching my head and waiting for the lights to come on.
The program downloaded and even better, it installed!
So here goes.
Catchyalater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13982 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Phil, JR stuff is still available. the JR brand was taken over my another company, but it is still the same product being made in the same factory

So if you like your JR products there is no need to change
The following user(s) said Thank You: flyingpete

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13983 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
A manual for the X9D plus is advertised by T9hobbysport.

Stuart

More
6 years 7 months ago #13985 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Chris73 wrote: Phil, JR stuff is still available. the JR brand was taken over my another company, but it is still the same product being made in the same factory

So if you like your JR products there is no need to change

Chris, you got in before me!

Since Phil has now twice posted that JR are no more, I thought I had better post to clear this up. The following is directly quoted from an email I received very recently from MacGregor Ind, the UK agent for JR.

"JR is still running as a company- BUT they are currently not designing or having anything produced (for the hobby market).

We are dealing with the factory in Malaysia directly who are producing current items like rx's under licence.

Also, like with most Japanese manufacturers they have/had a preferred shop who they work/worked with closely. This is RC Japan who have taken on all of the remaining stock, some design engineers and are also helping to finance the factory. They are working on new products and are using the JR name, again under licence."

I have recently received some new DMSS receivers from stock coming in from the new supply source and more stock is expected.

If you already have JR equipment and it is working ok, there is absolutely no need to change. The older gear was running Spektrum transmission so Spektrum receivers are compatible anyway.

MacGregor are still providing service support for DMSS based systems and Mike Ridley in Southampton will provide service for JR 35MHz and DSM2 equipment

modelradioworkshop.co.uk/contact-details/
The following user(s) said Thank You: flyingpete

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #13993 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Yes Jon. I read a similar quote on an Aussie forum recently. I really wanted a Zero 11 but none around. So decided if I could handle the learning curve I would go OpenTX. As I said previously I have had no issues with my DSX9, a good buy (which you recommended) without doubt and it is able to use Spektrum DSM & DSMX receivers. But just as I had to turn to Arduino ATmega programming to make my own Nav light systems I jumped to OpenTx for the options it gave. Plus of course gave me the head scratching, confused, puzzled expressions I craved for.:S ;)

More
6 years 7 months ago #13998 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
What was you said about some of the information on here Phil??
The point Jon and myself were making is that twice in this thread you said that JR were no more, which simply isn't true, also you couldn't have looked very hard as I bought a new JR XG11 along with two new JR receivers only a couple of weeks ago

If you are using JR and not having any issues then keep using it, if you fancy a change then thats fine too

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds