Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #14034 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
None of that! Send it back to HKing. Is it worth the hassle if I am going to fit a LiFe pack?

Spent the afternoon "trying to set up flaps". They were okay when it was powered by JR/Spektrum. But it seems that I may have to reset the linkages and servo arms for OpenTX as Flaps are not working as I expected.:( Oh well.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #14035 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Well it's entirely up to you if you want too send it back or not, for me I would, if that bit isn't working what other bit's aren't working properly?

I'm assuming by 'none of that' you mean your LED doesn't come on?

If it were me, I'd put a multi meter on the power supply to check that it is working.

I would also disconnect the battery and check the voltage, just incase it isn't charging because it detect too low a voltage.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14037 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Following this thread as an outsider having never played with a Teranis (I have flown with Stuart's but never tried programming it) it does sound like a huge amount of faff to set up a fairly basic programme. Is it, or is Phil just making it sound like it is? :)

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #14038 by Phil Ford
Yes done all that previously. Battery was virtually charged when I got it. checked it with my meter and then adjusted TX to meter to match.

Took some video and a couple of photos, jumped through a load of hoops and clicked Submit. We will see what happens. I have backed up my eepe file.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #14043 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Jon, I've been able to program several models, and even added little functions because I could, not because they added anything to the flying aspect of things, so it can't be that hard to grasp, I'm not the brightest person in the world. Oh and I did have Mike on speed dial!

I guess it's a bit like going from an automatic to a manual car, there's extra stuff you've got to do, but it soon just seems natural.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #14044 by Phil Ford
I went into this knowing it would be steep learning curve. Like any computer it has to have correct commands that don't conflict, etc or it just ignores you. As I have found out when you don't tick the right boxes. ie; saying aileron ch1 should be sourced from rudder ch4. :blush: The advantage of the Companion is you can view the results before uploading. And of course loads of backups. Then there is so many custom commands and so on. All this just to fly a plane? Maybe!

I'll stick with it but if you see me with JR14 you will know I have given up :lol:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds