Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #14000 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Chris73 wrote: I bought a new JR XG11 along with two new JR receivers only a couple of weeks ago

What? Wished you had mentioned it earlier. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14004 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Interesting there's been no mention of Jeti as an alternative..... fine radios too

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #14007 by Phil Ford

DaveBright wrote: Interesting there's been no mention of Jeti as an alternative..... fine radios too

Damn I missed that one! And a few others me thinks. That the thing that looks like a box, wiv sticks on it and runs on thermionic valves - Retro?

Back to subject ;) Getting the hang of programming this thing now. Done my Phoenix 2M glider. I have got it to tell me half flap, flaps down, flaps up too. Hi Rates, Lo rates warnings and timer on throttle stick. Surprised that 80% travel is equivalent to 100% on JR.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14017 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Taranis has a lot to offer, if you can find it and make it work. I downloaded the Taranis "simulator". Didn't take me long to realise that I wasn't going to get to grips with the system without a lot of practice. Then I spent an hour or so wondering "why did it do that?". I pressed the "+" button, well I think I did. Finally I gave up, I considered a cheaper model, possibly easier to program, as suggested by Mike , then I looked at a second hand DX9 on the BMFA website, it seemed like a bargain, lots of things like receivers and varios etc. I had the idea that it would be easier to program the real thing. Then I wondered "if it's so good, why sell it?"
I think perhaps I'll stick with JR/Spektrum, Perhaps the problems that I've had stem from lack of care in aerial positioning and untidy cable runs.
Thank you all for the suggestions and help.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #14023 by Phil Ford
You have only been playing with it for less than a day Brian! I must have spent a few days at least before something started to sink in.

Get Started. Did you click New Mode? Then Wizard? It will ask you a few basic questions for a plane. Tick the boxes required. Presto! Model 1 is now ready for the Simulator. Now you can go to inputs to see what it has done. Then go to Mixes and so on make changes and see the effect on the Sim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
6 years 7 months ago #14024 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thanks Phil, as i'm easily confused, and have the attention span of the average gnat, it can be daunting. I haven't uninstalled the program.........yet. Perhaps I'll have another look at it. Must admit though, trying to understand how to set up a Taranis beats watching the pathetic offerings on TV. Therapeutic as well.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds