Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

More
6 years 7 months ago #14025 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Brian wrote: Then I wondered "if it's so good, why sell it?"
I think perhaps I'll stick with JR/Spektrum, Perhaps the problems that I've had stem from lack of care in aerial positioning and untidy cable runs.
Thank you all for the suggestions and help.

Hi Brian

Before going over to DMSS, I used 2 JR 10X's with Spektrum modules in for many years and never had a problem or lost or damaged a model due to the link. The only reason I changed over was that both my transmitters were approaching 16 years old and JR released the 28x. I still have a handful of models using the 10x Spektrum combo.

I always make sure I secure all wiring, ensure that aerials are placed away from potential signal blockages and are orientated correctly and make sure to use adequate power, either with regulated lipos or LiFe batteries.

If you are happy with what you have and think you can improve some of your installation methods, then why change?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #14026 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thank you Jon, nice to get a bit of encouragement.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #14029 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Chris, I have set up triple rates with weights and expos and assigned to my preferred switches. Radio says they are working and so does the Sim. BUT the receiver ignores all rates and expos except for the initial or default weights. Have I missed something?

Attached is my eepe file for you to check out.
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #14030 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Hi Phil,

Just a quick look while eating my lunch, and will go over your eepe file in more detail later...

But... well you knew there would be a but! the FunFly Fox

Look at the 'input tab' in Companion, look at your elevator, your source for all but the first one is actually the Rudder... I Suspect that is why you are not seeing any difference in rates on the elevator at least!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #14031 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
:lol: Yes your right! Doh! Computers don't second guess wot u meant to do. Many thanks Chris, always better to have a "spotter". Just rewrote the file to the radio and checked it on the glider. :) Now I can move on hopefully to checking aileron and flap directions. If all goes well there then I will attempt to mix them up for Crow.

If it works then I'll copy the same set up for Phoenix (has been used as the guinea pig previously) and then tweak setting to suit.

On a slightly different subject - Does your charge light work when charging? Mine don't! I don't think it is charging at all from the 12v wall charger. Not that I am too fussed because I am going to drop in a LiFe 9.9v anyway.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #14033 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Phil,

Yes my charging light works when charging. Sorry to hear your's isn't working, mine flashes for a short while, 30sec, maybe a little longer, then steady light which goes off once it has charged.

What's your's doing?

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds