Open TX

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14349 by
Replied by on topic Open TX

MikeSeale wrote: I looked for that but couldn't find it.

I've not got 2.2. on my radio so I can't have a play, and I suspect you need to have an S6R already bound to it, and I don't have one of them either. It would make sense to be able to adjust things in the field from your radio, otherwise you'd need to carry a laptop too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #14350 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Open TX
Um! a bit like Android then Mike, chasing updates.;) I will look into the changes between 2.1.9 and 2.2. It does make sense to keep up with upgrades although not all upgrades for any system give the results one expected. At least we can now have a backed up copy of "when it worked okay", a great advantage! However, if as Chris says you can directly communicate in 2.2 with receivers and possibly modules too then i will jump to it.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14351 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Open TX
It's not exactly "chasing updates". Like Chris, I'm not using 2.2 and I won't change yet. But you don't really have anything invested in 2.1 so it would make sense to update now.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14352 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Open TX
Might be my imagination or perhaps I'm getting to understand the system, but I found that working with OpenTx 2.2.0 seemed to be a bit easier than the original firmware.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #14353 by Phil Ford
Well on this rather wet morning i thought I will back up my TX and upgrade to 2.2. So, uninstalled Companion 2.1 and installed 2.2. Wrote the firmware into the radio. Pretty painless. However, the SD card layout is slightly different than the earlier version and the radio came up with some issues, not finding some files. Scratched my head for a bit then thought I'll shortcut this problem.

Took out the 1Gb SD card and found a spare 8Gb Sandisk card. Inserted it into a card reader and copied the downloaded/unzipped SD file to the card. Then inserted the card into the radio. All sorted. Although I had to play around a bit with some of the sound files. On the TX everything appears to be working except I have lost the Welcome voice when switching on but thats no big deal. Out of time to fiddle but later will check the Fox glider still answers to the radio.;)
Note you don't have to have all the sound files in the new batch. There were a few i had to smile about, eg; 3D mode activated and similar warnings. These won't be needed by me! I have not looked at all of them yet but have only copied over the ones I need or wanted.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #14356 by Phil Ford
After watching the video below quite a few times I will set up the S8R (arrives Tuesday hopefully) on the PC. Then if successful I will have another go using the TX using 2.2. and the Lua script

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds