Open TX

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14480 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Open TX
Thanks Chris, My bootloader is 2.1.6. although it's not a critical item unless they make significant changes to the firmware I imagine. I will do the Flash when I have twiddled with the Vario special functions to stop that annoying beep if switch is not in the right position. Fox went well today - ideal skies except for no lift and no wind to cut across. See post for Thursday 2nd Nov.

My firmware is - opentx-x9d+-eu-lua-sqt5font-en.bin
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #14494 by Phil Ford
Well finally! Got my S8R receiver to work as a Gyro/Stabiliser. I finally twigged that the dedicated channels 10 & 11 do not need to be assigned by me, they are already spoken for by the receiver. Setting the Gain is the next job because the Slider or knobs are centre 0% and this needs, judging by various video tutorials to be offset so the slider is logarithmic from 0 - 80%. Channels 10 & 11 are assigned to switches to change modes but I have still to set them up to my preference.

Kettle on again and start fiddling. :lol:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #15296 by Phil Ford
Back to playing with Open TX. From my earlier post and having to set up multiple switches to select modes for gyro which I thought were over complicated and likely a wrong switch nudge whilst in flight could end up with brown pants or worse. Since that post in November the S series of receivers have had an update to firmware (thanks to John B for the info). The update now gives you Quick Mode or aptly named Convenient Mode. Plus addresses a bug in setting up V tails.

So using the TX I flashed the S8R with the new firmware. Now in the lua scripts there is the option of Quick Mode. :woohoo: Followed the instructions given here Setting Up S8R/S6R Updated and it works. The only exception I have made is the Self Test/Initialise is on a two position switch well away from my fingers but just needs three quick flicks to start Test.

Fitting this S8R receiver into a Phoenix 1600 as a test bed before putting another receiver into something more exotic.;)
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #15300 by Phil Ford
I have since discovered something odd. :unsure: I have placed the RX into the plane and after completing the self check it appears to operate the servos in stabilise mode and Auto level but if I switch it off the rudder throw over to one side. :(

There does not seem to be hardly any "solved the issue" threads at present except the link I gave. I'll reflash the RX tomorrow just in case the file did not write correctly although the lua script on the TX is fine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15302 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Open TX
Phil If you used sxr config tool to configure and calibrate did you tick the box "quick mode" if not its expecting something on channel 11.
Also when in the plane after the self test did you move the stick and pot and switches to their full extremities after the blue light went .out
Try doing the self test again .
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #15303 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Open TX
Phil to do the self test you need to operate the switch controlling channel 12 3 times in 3 seconds and the plane will jump all over the table and the blue light flashes quite scary. In flight you can use the switch to self level if you loose orientation. recommended to use momentary switch. First time I tried I thought I'd done self test by just switching on channel 12, When I finally operated the switch correctly elevator didn't work , that's when I found out about moving sticks, worth the effort when you see how good it is. you will need to check surfaces move in right direction in stab mode.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds