Open TX

More
5 years 5 months ago #18403 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Open TX
For once I actually agree with Phil :P

One of the new 6 channel Spektrum TX will do everything you need it to, I cant remember the model of the club trainer TX's, but one of those would fulfill your requirements
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #18406 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Open TX
Ernie - The latest Club Trainer transmitters are :

Spectrum - DX 6e

May I suggest you go that route and you will be fully compatible with the club gear.

Colin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago #18607 by
Replied by on topic Open TX
Just curious, has anyone played with 'Instant Trim' in OpenTX?

You hold the sticks for straight and level flight, then flick a switch and the stick inputs are transferred to the trims.

More
5 years 4 months ago #18608 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Open TX
Very interesting.
I think I see what you mean about being curious Chris. I didn't realise that you need to have three hands to work Open TX, or doesn't it have trims on rudder?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago #18610 by
Replied by on topic Open TX
You surprise me David, surely the rudder trim is simply sorted on the ground, i.e. the only place it's really useful ;) , you taxi up and down the grass and trim the rudder so that the plane goes in a straight line. So with that one taken care of once you are in the air you can happily take your left hand off the throttle stick and flick the "instant trim' switch, and voilĂ , a perfectly trimmed plane.

More
5 years 4 months ago #18613 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Open TX
I've used instant successfully on slow moving planes that are easy to control and it does a really good job providing you are flying straight and level, the important thing to remember is that you are trimming all control surfaces at the same time, If the aircraft is a long way out of trim and say you need to pull back on the stick to keep it level, as soon as you use the trim switch the plane will climb until you center the stick. I tried using it on a foam MX which i was just getting used to and got it flying fairly well and trimmed, the weather was calm but the sun was low and bright in front of me, I waited till I was out of the sun flying level and flicked the switch with disastrous results the plane banked violently to the left and I was unable to control it. What I had done is, I had been worried that the plane was going to far away, unintentionally started to bank, flicked the trim switch which went to full aileron trim and I wasn't quick enough to save it.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds