CAP232 Breitling

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4670 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic CAP232 Breitling
Aileron Control Rods made up and connected. Although, this is where the servo position and orientation of the H9 version is slightly different with regards to my model. Taken me most of the day to complete this, but Hey! I am not going anywhere soon. Better Half has been good as gold fetching parts, tools,etc. :cheer:

Tomorrow maybe start making rods for elevators and set these up with the radio. May have to make up some battery trays too, because in the H9 version it uses the rudder servo tray for radio and one RX battery (NiMh :lol: What?) The H9 version then uses the direct link system to rudder utilising the pre-cut servo hole at rear of fuselage. Definitely don't want to add more weight to tail end!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4681 by Phil Ford
Each servo will be on it's own channel, so assume standard gauge (26SWG) 500mm servo extensions be adequate for wing and elevators or use heavy duty (22SWG)? Servos are high voltage digitals, spec is 7.4v / 3amp lock-stall.

Using twin lipos into AR9110 powerbus RX then on into servos. eliminating the need for regulators. Have gone for this dual master switch with fuel dot.

Comments / Reviews?

Sorry to ask so many questions but this is my first foray into large scale stuff... :blink:
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4682 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic CAP232 Breitling
Definately go HD servo leads Phil, with long leads and HV presumably powerful servos, not worth skimping.

Don't the Powersafe receivers come with a 'fail to on' soft switch? Wouldn't subsitute it with something else if it were me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4684 by Phil Ford

JonTappin wrote: Definately go HD servo leads Phil, with long leads and HV presumably powerful servos, not worth skimping.

Don't the Powersafe receivers come with a 'fail to on' soft switch? Wouldn't subsitute it with something else if it were me

Will go with HD leads then, I wasn't trying to skimp, it was just that I have dozens of standard JR's ;)

With regard to the AR9110 Powersafe Rx. It has two battery inputs to the powerbus, the soft switch diverts power if a circuit fails. Or that is how I read it. I am following Dave B's set-up on his new bird where eveything is kept simple, HV servos, etc.

The dual main switch pictured is just isolate the batteries when not in use. Wolverine switches seem to be like "rocking horse poo".

I'll use an 8 amp SBEC to power the ignition circuitry from another Lipo.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4685 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic CAP232 Breitling
I tried one of those miracle switches Phil when I first setup my SBACH with the AR9000. It didn't work in place of the spektrum switch that the RX came with.
I'm just using the switch supplied with the RX in the Sukhoi.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by DaveBright.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
8 years 10 months ago #4686 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic CAP232 Breitling
As the guy's have said,just keep to the soft switch no need for anything else keep it simple Phil B) KIS

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds