CAP232 Breitling

More
8 years 11 months ago #4635 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic CAP232 Breitling
Yep 1/8 tygon, are you really sure you want to use pva on plastic :ohmy: epoxy or gorilla glue for me every time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #4636 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic CAP232 Breitling

flyingpete wrote: Yep 1/8 tygon, are you really sure you want to use pva on plastic :ohmy: epoxy or gorilla glue for me every time

!/8th Tygon it is then. Cheers Guys. Apparently Chris M uses PVA :huh: I'll avoid Gorilla glue as I always seem to use to much... :lol:

Stick with Epoxy then.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #4643 by
Replied by on topic CAP232 Breitling
Epoxy usually sticks!

Stuart

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4661 by Phil Ford
Yep and it has Stuart! :lol: Ailerons now fitted. Miracle HD horns turned up today so fitted them along with all relevant servos. Test fitted stabs. OK. Wing tube is extremely tight fit into both main wing guides though. :( Maybe wet and dry the black paint off the tube?

Control rods though are a problem. I bought a pair of 110 to 120mm x 3mm ally ones to try out but they are going to fit anywhere. What to do? Use 3mm threaded rod or could I thread some carbon rod to screw into the ball links/clevises? I have all the taps and dies to do this.

And the Miracle tail wheel assy that arrived today appears to have the T bracket that screws to rudder missing. How else is the tail wheel gonna follow the rudder? See generic images of what I thought I should have below.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4664 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic CAP232 Breitling
Phil, a big no no on threading carbon rod,if any thing get some 3mm threaded stainless rod and some carbon tube to stiffen the rod and use this with your ball links,and you are bits missing with the tail wheel.
Keep up the good work in your luxury work shop B)

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4669 by Phil Ford
Here is the link to the Hangar 9 CAP232G review dated 2007. Mine is identical except for the livery so may be a limited or later edtion Here is the link. CAP232G

Got my wife to rumage in the modelling bits-n-bobs drawers in the garage and found me some 3mm rods. I'll make up my own control rods instead. ;) Tailwheel Assy? I'll speak to Andrew for missing bit.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds