• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13954 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thanks Chris. Well spotted regarding the !SA when it should be SA etc , etc
Two servos? I wondered if that is how it was done. That'll make it simpler in Mixes.
I have only set two rates. The OpenTX Guide suggests giving the unused switch position a value because strange things may happen if the radio does not read a value - ie; servo just "stops"

Rate Switches. Being a JR man I found it useful. eg; might want high rate elevator to taxi over rough terrain to stop nose overs but don't need to change the Ail or Rudder
For glider though could use one switch (Flight Mode) Launch, Cruise, Land. Rates are automatically set. That was how the Fox was originally set up on the DSX9

Thanks for eepe, I study it later.:)
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13955 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Seems like a huge amount of work to just set up some dual rates and expo :S :S

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13956 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Now you come to mention it Chris, I guess it is a huge amount of work ;)

But it will Keep Phil busy for a while, although I don't think it will keep him quiet :evil:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13958 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Chris73 wrote: Seems like a huge amount of work to just set up some dual rates and expo :S :S

Chris001 wrote: Now you come to mention it Chris, I guess it is a huge amount of work ;)

But it will Keep Phil busy for a while, although I don't think it will keep him quiet :evil:

:S :lol:

Chris73. A lot of it can be done by copy paste in the Companion on the PC. Yes it is a real learning curve and it makes you realise that when you flick a switch on your JR/Spektrum that these commands have been programmed in for you.
I ask myself "Why at my age get involved with programming?" Me too! But I feel Open TX is the way forward unless you want to go Multiplex or Jeti and such likes. Expensive too.

Chris - Getting the hang of it a bit now. Mixes and have played with voice warnings for flaps and gear. Have looked at your eepe. It must work then..;)
I discovered this on my travels which helped with SF and Mixes. It is for a Bixler using just 6 channels. It is a bit over the top in my opinion.
Attached is sound files (which i have added to my SD card) and the eepe. Take a look
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13971 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Should I ditch my Spektrum DX8 and DX10T, along with my JR DSX9? Is the alternative Futaba (never understood the logic of the programming) or Taranis? If I go Taranis, will I need to go to night school to learn programming? Won't mention the "exotic" offerings as budget won't stretch to them. What happened to the rock solid connections promised by Spektrum's DSMX? Why do "Glitches" and "Brownouts" still happen?. If Futaba is so good, I know it's good 'cos I fly JR/ Spektrum, and the Futaba fanciers have told me that my gear isn't as good as theirs. Is Taranis the way to go, if so, I'd be grateful for some advice. Do I sell my JR/Spektrum gear while it still has some small value, then spend hours in a darkened room, using lots of bad language while trying to get a servo to go the right way?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13972 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Hi Brian,

Have you personally had issues with your Spektrum or JR radio sytems? Is there something you wish they could do that they don't?

If it's working for you then it would seem a shame to sell it all and learn a new system for no extra gain. If you are having problems/lack confidence in your current system, then that's a different matter.

OpenTX is fun, if you find it fun to learn and occasionally scratch your head trying to understand the logic that will enable you to do what you want. There is no manual. If the radio is only a means to enable you to fly then OpenTX is probably not for you.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds