Phil's Phase 6 Build

More
5 years 6 months ago #18185 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Phil's Phase 6 Build
Looking good Phil.

The thing with actually building (not assembling) is the satisfaction you get from actually creating something yourself which is also unique and not identical to several others on the flightline.

It's a shame it seems to be a dying art :(

Also if you break it, you'll have some idea about how to fix it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #18186 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Phil's Phase 6 Build
Looking good, Phil.

More
5 years 6 months ago #18187 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Phil's Phase 6 Build
Nice work Phil, good to see something that didn't originate in an Oriental country.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #18189 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Phil's Phase 6 Build

JonTappin wrote: Looking good Phil.

The thing with actually building (not assembling) is the satisfaction you get from actually creating something yourself which is also unique and not identical to several others

Unique Jon? This one is definitely is. :lol:

It appears to be a bit milder today (Wednesday) Might be able to get out and get a coat of paint on the fuselage before the Spooks turn up

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #18210 by Phil Ford
Taking a rest for my eyes from the computer terminal I dived outside this afternoon whilst the temps were still in double figures and got the primer flatted down. Dried it off and managed to get the first coat of White on the fuselage. This Appliance White doesn't harden as quick as the usual car paint acrylics so will leave for 24 hrs before another light flat then top coat.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #18240 by Phil Ford
Had to really push myself to do something constructive since the great Ringstead outing, sort of got lazy these past few days. As it appears likely to be a "breezy" November. A nice indoor job would help.

So gotback on the Phase 6. Elevators fitted (had to use mylar hinges as they are a bit thin). Rudder fitted with pin hinges. Ailerons also fitted using pin hinges. Will hopefully pick up some 1.8mm piano wire tomorrow for the rudder/elevator pushrods then I can fit the horns. Battery cover now film covered in black and will later paint the fuselage black too to simulate a cockpit. Hopefully if it stays dry I can get outside and profile the wing top cover in the next few days.

Don't mention to my other half the fact that the glider is on the guest room bed........:whistle:

Footnote: Been ruddy quiet on the Forum lately - everyone hibernating or what? :lol:
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds